Homemade Oreos recipe… 2 soft chocolate cookies with a cream cheese filling. So easy to make and completely addicting!
I LOVE homemade Oreos, so we decided to turn them them into footballs for game day. Yum!
Today I’m going to share with you how to make these SUPER easy and yummy homemade oreos I made for a mini tailgate party. Wow they are sure addicting! Make sure you have a crowd to feed these homemade oreos too…that’s all I’m going to say!
These cookies are make with a cake mix, making them super easy. You only need 3 simple ingredients. You could use canned cream cheese frosting for the filling, but I promise it’s worth the extra time to make it homemade. So yummy!
For the Cookies:
- 30.5 oz devils food cake (2 packages)
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup oil
For the Frosting:
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1 stick butter (softened)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- Heat oven to 350. Mix devils food cake, eggs and butter together. Roll dough into a ball and push flat on pan. For the foot balls I just used my hands to form a football… but think long skinny footballs so they have room to expand. Put them in the oven and bake for 6-8 minutes. Remove cookies from pan and allow to cool.
- While the cookies are cooling whip up your cream cheese frosting. Combine cream cheese and butter. Once smooth slowly add in the powdered sugar. Once it reaches a good consistency you can add in the vanilla.
- Grab a cookie and frost the BOTTOM of the cookie and then grab ANOTHER cookie to put on top. Now you have your self YUMMY homemade oreos. Which actually taste nothing like oreos, but in my opinion taste WAY better!
These homemade oreos are super easy and are a real crowd pleaser!
Check out our recipe box for more recipes.