Pumpkin Chocolate Cookies – Made with only 3 ingredients in just 20 minutes! The perfect easy cookie recipe for the “non-baker” to whip up this fall!
If you know me, you know I love to doctor up a box of cake mix. These 3-ingredient pumpkin cake mix cookies are a favorite, as well as my dump cake recipe, spice cake mix cookies, chocolate-dipped strawberry cookies and cake mix cookies made 4 different ways.
These pumpkin chocolate cake mix cookies are seriously one of the easiest cookie recipes out there! What makes them so simple?? They’re made with just two ingredients: cake mix and canned pumpkin. That’s it! They do have a more cakey texture than a classic chocolate cookie, but are still super delicious.
The pumpkin kisses are optional, however I think they add the perfect touch on top of these chocolate pumpkin cookies. Now I have to say – you are either going to love or hate the kisses, so you can make these cookies with or without them. I absolutely LOVE them with the pumpkin kisses, but my husband preferred the cookies without them.
So if you’re looking for an easy and fast pumpkin recipe to bake up this fall, these cookies are a great option. Perfect for the “non-baker.” ;)
Only 3 ingredients!
The beauty of these cookies is that they only require 3 ingredients! The Hershey’s kisses are optional, so you could even make them with 2 ingredients if preferred. Talk about easy!
- 1 Box Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 1 Can of Pumpkin
- Optional: Hershey’s Pumpkin Kisses
How to make pumpkin chocolate cake mix cookies
Step 1: Make the dough
In a large bowl, stir together the dry cake mix and canned pumpkin until smooth.
Step 2: Scoop onto baking sheet
Using a medium cookie scoop or spoon, scoop dough onto a lined baking sheet.
Step 3: Bake the cookies
Bake the cookies in the oven at 350°F for 8-10 minutes, or until they are set. Remove from oven and let cool for one minute on pan. Gently press the Hershey’s kisses in the center of the cookies, then place on a cooling rack. Enjoy!
They can be made into muffins, too!
You can also use this recipe to make chocolate pumpkin muffins (below). You will need to bake the muffins for about 20-30 minutes. I found those cute orange and white baking cups here. This recipe makes about 12 muffins. Feel free to double it if needed!
More pumpkin recipes:
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip
- Best Pumpkin Bars
- Pumpkin Bundt Cake
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
Pumpkin Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- 15.25 ounce box Devil’s Food Cake Mix , chocolate will work too or your favorite kind
- 15 ounce can pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 12 ounce bag pumpkin spice Hershey’s Kisses , optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix and pumpkin. Stir or use a mixer until dough is smooth.
- Using a medium cookie scoop or spoon, scoop dough onto the pan.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cookies are set. Remove from oven and let cool for one minute on pan. Gently press kisses in the center of the cookies and then place cookies on a cooling rack.