Soft and chewy funfetti cake mix cookies made with 3 ingredients and fun colors sprinkled throughout. The irresistible classic cake mix batter flavor is great for birthday parties or anytime!
Table of Contents
Easiest Funfetti Cookies
We love to make all kinds of cake mix cookies. They’re one of the easiest cookies to make and have amazing soft texture. This funfetti version was an instant winner in my house and tastes soft, chewy and buttery with classic cake batter flavor.
These funfetti cake mix cookies are my kid’s favorite! Making cake mix cookie recipes is the best baking secret, you need just 3 ingredients including cake mix, eggs and oil. Other favorites include gooey butter cookies, cake mix chocolate chip cookies and Rolo cookies.
This easy cookie recipe is so simple and perfect for any celebration. Serve with cake pops for guaranteed smiles!
3 Simple Ingredients
These three-ingredient funfetti cake mix cookies are just what you need for a quick treat! My kids love to add extra rainbow jimmies to the dough for an extra pop of color.
Find the full printable recipe with specific measurements below.
- Box of funfetti cake mix: Yes! It is that simple! You only need the box of cake mix to use. It is similar to a flour or dry ingredients that will be used for these cookies.
- Vegetable oil: Oil is the fat in the ingredients. When baking you need this keep the cookies moist and soft.
- Eggs: This binds the cookies together and helps hold the shape of the cookie dough while being baked.
How to Make Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
From kids to adults, everyone loves these funfetti cake mix cookies, plus with easy prep and only 10 minutes in the oven, they couldn’t be more simple to make!
- Mix. Mix the ingredients together in a large bowl with an electric mixer.
- Chill the dough. Fold in the sprinkles if desired. Then chill the dough in the fridge for 15 to 20 minutes, so that it’s easier to work with.
- Scoop. Use a medium cookie scoop or spoon to scoop the dough into balls. Roll in extra sprinkles if desired. Then place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake. Bake at 350°F for 8 to 10 minutes in the oven. You want the sprinkle cookies to be set, but not brown. Cool on pan for a few minutes, then move to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Tips for Making Cake Mix Funfetti Cookies
Follow these tips to make these funfetti cake cookies even better!
- Sprinkles: Change the sprinkles depending on the time of year and celebration you are having. We used rainbow sprinkles, roll the dough in extra sprinkles if desired.
- Funfetti chocolate chips. If I can find them, I sometimes add a few funfetti chocolate chips or white chocolate chips to the dough.
- Roll dough: Use a cookie scooper to make 1-inch balls of cookie dough for baking. You will want your cookie dough in even amounts when baking to cook them all at once.
- Baking: Don’t over bake your cake mix cookies! They will finish baking on the baking sheet for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Cookie bars: Make bars instead of cookies by pressing the dough into a small baking pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Frosting: If you love to frost your cookies, you are in luck! Try using this classic cream cheese frosting or marshmallow frosting.
5 star review
“My kids love these cookies and so fun and easy!!”-Lisa
Funfetti is a specialized cake mix that is loved by most kids! It is a boxed vanilla cake base with long, colorful sprinkles in the flour mixture. When using the cake box you will use the dry flour mixture for the cookies but not the ingredients on the box.
The sprinkles are already in the cake mix box. I like to add more sprinkles after I have made the cookie dough and roll them into sprinkles for them to be on the inside of the cookie and out.
They will slightly melt in the oven but not too much that they will bleed or change color of the cookies. Once the cookies cool the sprinkles will firm back up in and on the cookies.
No, use whatever brand of cake mix you prefer to make these cookies.
Make Ahead, Storing and Freezing
Use these make ahead and freezing tips so you always have cookie dough on hand for birthdays and celebrations.
- Make in advance. Just mix the cake mix cookie dough, scoop into balls then store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Store baked cookies. Cool completely then store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days if they last that long!
- Freeze: Baked cake mix cookies can be frozen. Cool completely, then flash freeze on a baking sheet until frozen. Once frozen, add to a freezer container or bag and store for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Frozen cookie dough: Simply place the cookie dough balls on a baking sheet and flash freeze. Once frozen, place in an airtight container or freezer bag. When ready to bake, bake frozen cookie dough at 375°F for 12 to 15 minutes.
More Treats Made with Cake Mix
Funfetti Cookie Recipe
- 15.25 ounce box funfetti cake mix
- ½ cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 large eggs
Optional: 1/4 cup Jimmies sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix the funfetti cake mix, oil and eggs in a large bowl with electric beaters. Then stir in the extra sprinkles if desired and mix until combined. Refrigerate the dough for 15-20 minutes.
- Using a medium scoop or spoon, scoop the dough onto the prepared baking mat. Roll in extra sprinkles if desired. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the cookies are set. You don’t want them to brown. Allow to cool on the pan for a couple minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!