Hello Nap Time readers! And heeellloo summer! I hope your summer is off to a great start! I’m Kristy from Sweet Treats & More and I’m back today with another great summer salad for you. Last month I shared this healthy Berry Almond Chopped Salad. It still makes a regular appearance at our house, but now I’m crazy about this Mango Chicken Quinoa Salad! It’s perfect for a light lunch, along side dinner, or perfect for a summer barbecue!
It’s packed with protein and loaded with one of my favorite fruits of summer–mango!! Isn’t she pretty?
Cooked quinoa, chunks of juicy mango, chicken, avocado, green onion, cilantro, and sweetened shredded coconut all get tossed together with a Honey-Lime Olive Oil dressing. Really, the dressing is just three ingredients: extra virgin olive oil, fresh squeezed lime juice, and honey. Easy peasy, and healthy! I think this salad is best served chilled, after the flavors have really melded together.
Quick prep tip: Keep a bunch of cooked quinoa and cooked chicken on hand so you can toss this salad (or a similar one) together in minutes! Quinoa is all the rage right now, and you can pretty much toss anything in it to make a salad.
Mango Chicken Quinoa Salad
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken shredded or cubed
- 1 1/2 cup diced mango
- 1/2 of a large avocado diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toss quinoa, chicken, mango, avocado, cilantro, onion, and shredded coconut together in a large bowl.
- In a small jar or container whisk together olive oil, fresh lime juice, honey. Pour over salad and toss to coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Chill for 1-2 hours before serving.
- Squeeze a little extra fresh lime juice before serving if desired.
Come say hello and check out some of my summer time favorite eats! You’ll love this Skinny Cake Batter Dip, these Blue Cheese & Cheddar Sweet Potato Rounds, & these fresh and tasty Pineapple Lime Yogurt Popsicles.
Hi there! I’m Kristy, a wife, mom to two little boys, runner, and just a girl that loves good food. I love cooking and baking for family and friends and love the memories that accompany good food. You may have already noticed–but I kind of have a thing for sweets, especially chocolate and peanut butter. I like to keep things simple in the kitchen- simple meals and desserts using simple ingredients. I try to make healthy meals for my growing little family, but we always save room for a little dessert.
THANKS Kristy for sharing this fun project during our Hello Summer Event! Click HERE to see more ideas from the event.