The warm peach filling paired with the sugary crust in this peach cobbler recipe is seriously to die for! Serve warm with vanilla ice cream on top. Makes the most perfect summer dessert!
Peach desserts are my absolute favorite to enjoy in the summer time. I especially look forward to a homemade peach cobbler every year. Sometimes I use cake mix to make a peach dump cake instead, but nothing compares to a true cobbler from scratch.
One of my favorite summer desserts to make is homemade peach cobbler. While I love a good strawberry rhubarb crisp in the summer time, you just can’t beat a cobbler. The warm peach filling paired with the sugary crust is seriously to die for! I love to serve mine warm with vanilla ice cream on top. Whipped cream would also be yummy too. :) It is the most perfect summer dessert!
Peaches for cobbler
You can use fresh or canned peaches for this recipe, but I actually prefer making cobbler with canned peaches since they’re a bit sweeter. Fresh peaches still work great, however I just like the sprinkle a little sugar on them first. I usually add a Tablespoon or so of sugar on top.
How to make peach cobbler
Add peaches: Place the sliced peaches on the bottom of a greased 9×9″ baking dish.
Make the dough: Cream together the butter and sugars, then add the egg and vanilla and beat just until combined. Then mix in the flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
Scoop dough: I like to use a large cookie scoop (or spoon) to place spoonfuls of the dough on top of the peaches. Then gently press down on the dough with your hands, spreading it out to cover most of the peaches.
Bake in oven. Bake at 350°F for about 35 to 45 minutes, or until the crust is lightly golden.
Before serving, let the cobbler rest in the pan for about 10 minutes or so. This allows the juices to set and the crust to harden a bit. Then scoop it out onto a plate or into bowls and add any of the following:
More fruity desserts for summer:
Peach Cobbler Recipe
- 3 cups sliced peaches (canned-drained or fresh)
- 1/2 cup softened butter (I used salted)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
For serving (optional): vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9x9" baking dish. Line with fresh peaches and set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugars in a bowl. Add in egg and vanilla and beat just until combined.
- Add in the flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Mix just until combined.
- Use a spoon or large cookie scoop to place spoonfuls of cookie dough over the top. Gently press down with your hands.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and let rest 10 minutes before serving. Serve while warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.