Pizza Stuffed Chicken Breast – These pizza chicken roll ups are stuffed with mozzarella cheese, pepperoni and marinara sauce. Easy, healthy and delicious. A dish the whole family will love!
Pizza Chicken Roll Ups
This pizza stuffed chicken breast was the first recipe I’ve made in awhile that EVERY person in my family said “I LOVED this!” My son is super hard to please these days, so I was very happy about that. :) There are so many fun ways you can make this pizza chicken and the topping options are endless. This recipe is so versatile and can be easily customized to your liking. I’m already excited to try a BBQ chicken version. Yum!
Pizza Stuffed Chicken Breast Toppings
You’ll start with a chicken breast, marinara, mozzarella and your favorite pizza toppings. We kept it classic with pepperoni, but try adding in the ingredients below if you’d like!
- Red Onions
How long do you cook stuffed chicken breast in the oven?
This pizza stuffed chicken breast doesn’t take super long to cook in the oven, which is a huge plus. You just preheat the oven to 450ºF and bake the chicken roll ups for about 25 minutes total. After it bakes, the pizza chicken comes out of the oven so tender and full of flavor. This stuffed chicken breast recipe is so easy and delicious…definitely add it to your list to make soon!
I found this pizza stuffed chicken breast recipe in the Skinnytaste Fast and Slow Cookbook. This cookbook is absolutely beautiful and filled with tons of delicious quick-fix and slow cooker recipes. I’ve bookmarked at least a dozen recipes I want to try ASAP. That pasta on the cover is up next. They all look amazing, easy and healthy! Add this cookbook to your wish list.
Love these pizza chicken roll ups? You’ll like these other chicken recipes too:
- One Pan Balsamic Chicken and Veggies
- Grilled BBQ Chicken Foil Dinner
- Baked Teriyaki Chicken Bowl
- Easy Shredded Chicken (Instant Pot or Crock Pot)
Here’s the printable pizza stuffed chicken breast recipe:
Pizza Chicken Roll Ups Recipe
- olive oil spray
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt and ground pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella (more if needed)
- 12 slices pepperoni
- 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup marina sauce
- fresh chopped basil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and lightly spray with oil. In a bowl, combine the bread crumbs and Parmesan. In a second bowl, combine the olive oil and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Cut each chicken breast in half, horizontally to create 6 pieces. Cover with a piece of wax paper and lightly pound to 1/4″ thickness. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Lay each piece out and top with 1-2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese and 2 slices pepperoni. Roll each piece up, starting with the smaller edge and then dip into the olive oil mixture and then into the bread crumbs mixture. Place stuffed chicken breast onto the baking sheet, with the seam facing down. Lightly spray the tops with oil. Bake chicken roll ups for 20 minutes.
- Remove stuffed chicken breast and then add about 1 Tablespoon of marinara and mozzarella cheese. Bake chicken roll ups for an additonal 4 to 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the chicken is no longer pink.