This parmesan crusted chicken is a great weeknight meal that’s made with just 5 simple ingredients. Perfectly crispy, tender and flavorful every time!
This parmesan ranch chicken is one of our family favorites! The chicken is baked to perfection and comes out super tender every time. Plus it has amazing flavor and a deliciously crispy coating. Yum!
The best part about this dish is that it’s made with just 5 simple ingredients. It’s so easy to whip up and is perfect for busy weeknights. We love to serve it over rice with green beans, however there are so many sides that would taste delicious!
- Crusting: For the crusting on the meat, you can use panko or breadcrumbs. You can also use crushed ritz, tortilla chips or corn flakes for a twist.
- Parmesan cheese: I like the texture that grated parmesan cheese adds, however feel free to use shredded parmesan as well.
- Dry ranch dressing: Make sure to use a packet of the dry ranch dressing mix instead of the creamy dressing in a bottle.
- Butter: I use unsalted butter vs. salted butter in this recipe because the ranch dressing mix already has salt in it.
- Chicken: I used 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts. You could use tenders as well, but you may need to adjust cooking time.
How to make parmesan crusted chicken
- Preheat oven. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Slice chicken in half. Cut chicken breasts in half horizontally to create 6 fillets.
- Make the coating. Add crumbs, cheese and ranch to bowl and stir. Then dip each fillet in butter and roll in crumb mixture to coat. Place chicken on sheet pan.
- Bake and serve. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the meat is cooked through. Serve over rice with vegetables if desired.
- Rice (brown, white or rice pilaf)
- Vegetables (green beans, broccoli, asparagus, mixed veggies)
- Potatoes (baked potato, potato wedges, sweet potato fries, roasted red potatoes)
- Salad (spinach salad or mandarin salad)
- Bread (rolls, french bread, garlic bread or breadsticks)
Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips or ritz crackers, panko or bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons dry ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Slice the chicken breasts in half horizontally to create 6 fillets.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the crumbs, parmesan cheese and ranch. Dip chicken in the butter, and then roll in crumb mixture to coat. Place on a sheet pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cooked through the center. Serve over brown or white rice with vegetables if desired.