Parmesan Crusted Chicken – Great weeknight meal that’s made with just 5 simple ingredients. Perfectly crispy, tender and flavorful every time!
Parmesan crusted chicken
This parmesan ranch chicken is one of our family favorites! The chicken is baked to perfection and comes out super tender every time. Plus it has amazing flavor and a deliciously crispy coating. Yum!
The best part about this parmesan crusted chicken is that it’s made with just 5 simple ingredients. It’s so easy to whip up and is perfect for busy weeknights. We love to serve it over rice with green beans, however there are so many sides that would taste delicious!
Ingredients for parmesan chicken breast
Crusting: For the crusting on the chicken, you can use panko or bread crumbs. You can also use crushed ritz, tortilla chips or corn flakes for a twist.
Parmesan cheese: I like the texture that grated parmesan cheese adds, however feel free to use shredded parmesan as well.
Dry ranch dressing: Make sure to use a packet of the dry ranch dressing mix instead of the creamy dressing in a bottle.
Butter: I use unsalted butter vs. salted butter in this recipe because the ranch dressing mix already has salt in it.
Chicken: I used 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts. You could use chicken tenders as well, but you may need to adjust cooking time.
How to make parmesan crusted chicken
Scroll down for printable parmesan crusted chicken recipe.
- Preheat oven. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Slice chicken in half. Cut chicken breasts in half horizontally to create 6 fillets.
- Combine crusting ingredients and coat chicken. Add crumbs, cheese and ranch to bowl and stir. Then dip chicken in butter and roll in crumb mixture to coat. Place chicken on sheet pan.
- Bake and serve. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Serve over rice with vegetables if desired.
What to serve with parmesan ranch chicken
Below are a few of our favorite sides to serve with this parmesan chicken breast. There are so many delicious options!
- Rice (brown, white or rice pilaf)
- Vegetables (green beans, broccoli, asparagus, mixed veggies)
- Potatoes (baked potato, potato wedges, sweet potato fries, roasted red potatoes)
- Salad (spinach salad or mandarin salad)
- Bread (rolls, french bread, garlic bread or breadsticks)
Parmesan Crusted Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips or ritz crackers, panko or bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons dry ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Slice the chicken breasts in half horizontally to create 6 fillets.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the crumbs, parmesan cheese and ranch. Dip chicken in the butter, and then roll in crumb mixture to coat. Place on a sheet pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cooked through the center. Serve over brown or white rice with vegetables if desired.