This sheet pan gnocchi is perfect for a last minute dinner or side dish. The gnocchi becomes crispy and the vegetables are roasted to perfection.
Table of Contents
Easy 30 Minute Meal
While recipes like this chicken gnocchi soup and mushroom gnocchi are family favorites, I have to say baking gnocchi in the oven may be my newest obsession. It makes the edges crispy and full of flavor. The onions and tomatoes baked along side caramelize and add the perfect flavors.
If you’re looking for a 30 minute meal with only 5 ingredients to stash in your back pocket, this is it! It seriously doesn’t get any easier than this sheet pan gnocchi. It also would make a great side dish to grilled chicken or pretty much any meal.
Find the full printable recipe with specific measurements below.
- Gnocchi: You can find potato gnocchi near the pasta isle in the store.
- Tomatoes: You can use cherry or grape tomatoes for this dish. The tomatoes caramelize as they cook and add the most delicious burst of flavor.
- Peppers: I love adding a mix of bell peppers but you can use one color. You could also swap these out for another vegetable such as mushrooms.
- Onion: You are welcome to leave the onion out if you prefer, however it does add a nice flavor. Feel free to swap the red onion for a sweet onion.
- Pesto: The basil pesto adds the perfect blend of flavors to this recipe. Feel free to use a vegan pesto if you prefer a dairy-free version. If you don’t have pesto you can always drizzle olive oil and add your favorite herbs on top.
How to Make Sheet Pan Gnocchi
- Toss. Toss together gnocchi, tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, pesto, salt, and pepper.
- Cook. Place in the oven and cook until vegetables are tender, tossing halfway through.
- Serve. Top with parmesan and basil, if desired, and serve warm.
Cooking Tips + Variations
This crispy sheet pan gnocchi with vegetables is completely customizable and a great dish to play with.
- Protein: If you’d like to add in some meat, you can add cubed chicken or chicken sausage slices before baking. You may need a little more pesto to coat the chicken. I would add on 5 additional minutes for cooking as well.
- Vegetables: Feel free to add in different vegetables such as mushroom, butternut squash, broccoli, etc. I wouldn’t add a root vegetable such as a carrot or potato, as those will take longer to cook. I wouldn’t take away the tomatoes, as they add a bit of a sauce as they burst.
- Storage: This recipe will store in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. I wouldn’t recommend freezing.
Nope, they cook really well with all of the moisture from the other vegetables, especially the tomatoes.
Yup, you should be able to go straight from the freezer to the oven and keep the time the same.
Looking for meals to make on a sheet pan? Try this pork chop sheet pan dinner or any of these favorite sheet pan dinners!
What Goes with Sheet Pan Gnocchi?
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the newest recipes!
Sheet Pan Gnocchi
- 16 ounces potato gnocchi , uncooked
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 red or orange bell peppers , sliced
- ½ red onion , sliced
- ⅓ cup pesto , plus more if needed
- Ground black pepper
For serving (optional): Freshly grated parmesan cheese, Fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Place the gnocchi, tomatoes, bell peppers, and onion on a 18×13-inch baking pan.
- Spread the pesto on top of the vegetables and toss until coated. Add more pesto if needed to fully coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, tossing halfway through. Remove from oven. Add fresh parmesan and basil on top, if using. Serve while warm.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
Love this quick and easy recipe. We usually add chicken sausage but it’s just as good sans protein, too! I appreciate that I can prep this in advance and then just throw into the oven after work and it’s done within 30 min. A great dish for a working family.
Yay, so happy to hear you love it! Chicken sausage is a great addition :)
Delicious :) added green beans and used yellow onion because I didn’t have a red one. Turned out great!
So happy to hear that!