Thanks for stopping by! To get the newest recipes subscribe or join us on facebook or pinterest.
Okay friends. Rice Krispy treats are NORMALLY not my weakness… but these sure got me! I adapted them from this cake batter recipe and added my own twist. I love fruity pebble rice krispy treats…so I thought it would be yummy to combine the two. And boy was that a great idea! :)
- Cake Batter & Fruity Pebble Crispy Treats
- TOP LAYER:
- 4 TB butter
- (1) 12-ounce bag of mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup yellow cake mix
- 6 cups rice krispies cereal
- (1) 1.75-ounce container of sprinkles
- Bottom Layer:
- 3 TB Butter
- (1) 10 oz bag mini marshmallows
- 4-5 cups fruity pebbles
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat and add marshmallows. Stir until they begin to melt, adding in cake mix one spoonful at a time so its combined. Stir in cereal so it is completely coated with marshmallow mixture. Sprinkle in half of the sprinkles and mix.
- You’ll make the fruity pebble krispy’s using the recipe above (bottom layer)… however you won’t let the marshmallows melt all the way (see the difference?!). If you melt the marshmallows half wayit makes the PERFECT rice krispy.
- Then you’ll press the fruity pebble mixture into the baking dish (9X13). I found it easiest to push down the mixture with a spoon coated in butter. Next, add the cake batter recipe and top with remaining sprinkles. Let sit for about 30 minutes before cutting.
Seriously the combination of the fruity pebble and cake batter recipe is SOO good!
And look how much cuter they are than the plain ol’ rice krispy treat. These are so yummy… I ate almost half the pan. No joke!
Try them out… you and your kids will LOVE them!
*DIY cupcake stand can be found here*