Today I’m going to share a yummy recipe for reese’s peanut butter cookies. I have a confession to make first. I used to hate peanut butter cookies. I have always loved peanut butter in general, but there was just something about the cookies I did not like.
A couple years ago my husband requested peanut butter cookies, so I ended up making him some. To my surprise they turned out to be really good! Want to know the secret? I placed reese’s peanut butter cups on top and BAM all the sudden they tasted like a million bucks. Apparently my friends did this all along… so not sure why I was the last one to find out about it.
So anyways, if you haven’t tried them with reese’s peanut butter cups on top… TRY THEM! You will forever be changed to a PB cookie lover! With Valentines right around the corner I picked up reese’s hearts and they turned out super cute and yummy.
Reeses peanut butter cookies
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs (at room temp)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 48 reeses peanut butter cups (hearts for valentines)
- 1/2 cup sugar for rolling the dough into before baking
- Preheat oven to 350. Combine butter, peanut butter and sugars in a large mixing bowl. Blend until combined. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Next add flour and baking soda. Mix just until combined. Place 1/2 cup sugar into a small bowl. Roll cookie dough into one inch balls and then roll into sugar. Place balls onto a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on pan for one minute and then place reeses peanut butter lightly on top of each cookie. Remove cookies from pan and allow to cool. Store cookies in Tupperware to keep soft.