Soft and chewy s’mores cookies with a buttery graham cracker flavored dough, a gooey marshmallow and chocolate HERSHEY’S KISS on top! This summer treat is even better than the traditional s’mores and no campfire is needed!
One of my favorite summer traditions is roasting marshmallows with the kids in the backyard. We make a fire at least once a month at our house and always have a great time together. When we have a big group over with little kids running around, I find it easier to make a s’mores dessert instead of actual s’mores. You get the best of both worlds.
Which is which I’m introducing the s’mores cookies today. I was inspired by a s’mores cookie I tried in NYC a few months ago and knew I had to recreate them at home. There’s just something about the graham cracker, marshmallow and chocolate combo that makes these completely irresistible.
I’ve partnered with Hershey Kisses for today’s post and they added just the right amount of chocolate to these s’mores cookies. HERSHEY’S KISSES chocolates make the perfect treat any day of the week! I love baking with them all year round.
Seriously, once you take a bite into these gooey cookies, you will fall in love. They taste best when they’re warm, so that the chocolate melts right in your mouth. Your guests will not be able to resist these delicious cookies at your next BBQ. You MUST make them.
My girls helped me whip up these cookies and their favorite part was unwrapping the HERSHEY’S KISSES chocolates. Miss Ady didn’t help much, but she enjoyed watching on my hip. Then she was off digging through the cupboards and pulling everything out. ;)
How to make s’mores cookies
To get started all you need is butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, salt and flour.
Once the dough is mixed together, you’re going to roll the dough into balls and then roll the ball into graham cracker crumbs. If you don’t want the graham cracker crumbs on the outside, you can skip this part. It just give it a little extra flavor and texture. Then you’re going to bake them for about 8 minutes.
Once they’re just about done, you’re going to put a sliced marshmallow on top and broil them for a minute or so more to toast the marshmallow.
Once the marshmallows are toasted, you can place the HERSHEY’S KISS chocolate right on top, and as it sits there for a few minutes it will melt right into the marshmallow.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs divided
- 18 large marshmallows cut in half
- 36 HERSHEY’S KISSES chocolate unwrapped
- Combine the butter and sugars in a large mixing bowl. Mix with an electric mixer on medium speed for 1 minute. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix just until combined. Then slowly mix in flour, salt, baking soda and 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs. Mix just until combined.
- Refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Roll the cookie dough into 1 1/2 inch balls (could use a medium cookie scoop) and then roll into the remaining graham cracker crumbs. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the bottoms are lightly golden.
- Remove the pan from the oven and turn the heat to 450°F. Place the marshmallow halves on top of the cookies or broil and then cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes, or until the marshmallows are lightly toasted. Then remove the pan from the oven and press down the marshmallow lightly with a HERSHEY’S KISS chocolate.
- Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack.
Seriously so good! Such an easy treat for summer and one that will surely bring a smile to anyone that tries them!