One-Pan Balsamic Chicken and Veggies – A healthy, EASY and delicious dinner recipe that’s full of flavor! A meal the whole family will love!
This balsamic chicken with vegetables is one of our all-time favorite weeknight dinners. It’s so simple and requires hardly any clean up. Plus the flavors are amazing! A few of our weeknight favorites are sheet pan fajitas, sheet pan sausage & veggies, cashew chicken lettuce wraps and healthy turkey chili.
This one pan balsamic chicken with veggies is one of our go-to recipes! I’ve been making a couple of different variations for a few years now (ever since I first did the Whole30), but this version is our favorite. It’s SO easy to throw together and you can use whatever vegetables that are in your fridge. Plus the chicken and vegetables are so full of flavor and super tender.
The best part about this balsamic chicken recipe is it that requires absolutely no dishes. Maybe this is why my kids love it after all… hmm? ;) Everything cooks on a sheet pan and you can roll up the foil afterwards, leaving you a clean pan. Super easy and perfect for busy weeknights!
Ingredients for balsamic chicken
This balsamic chicken recipe starts out with chicken breasts, vegetables, olive oil, balsamic glaze (or vinegar), salt and pepper. Some of our favorite vegetables to roast with the chicken are: red potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, bell peppers and green beans. Roasting the vegetables truly brings out their best flavors and makes them so tender. SO good!
Balsamic glazed chicken
- Chicken breasts
- Balsamic glaze
- Olive oil
- Fresh basil
- Red potatoes
- Bell peppers
- Green beans
How to make balsamic chicken
Scroll down for the printable balsamic chicken recipe and video tutorial.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a sheet pan with foil.
- Arrange chicken and vegetables in even layer on pan and drizzle oil and balsamic on top. Add fresh basil if desired. Then sprinkle with S&P.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink and veggies are fork tender. The chicken may get done faster than the veggies, so check at 30 and remove before the vegetables if needed.
TIP: If I have time, I like to marinate the chicken and veggies in a zip top bag for about an hour or so. If you have the time, I suggest doing this because the chicken & veggies really soak in the flavor. If I have fresh herbs, I like to add a few on top as well (such as basil or parsley).
This baked balsamic chicken is one meal that my family can all actually agree on! :) So delicious.
Balsamic Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 4 to 5 cups chopped vegetables (we love sliced red potatoes, carrots, broccoli and/or tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup balsamic glaze (DeLallo makes a yummy one)
- 1/4 cup olive oil , more if needed
- Fresh basil , optional
- Kosher Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a sheet pan with foil.
- Place the chicken in a zip top bag and drizzle on 3 Tablespoons of the balsamic glaze. Let sit for at least 10 minutes. Place vegetables in a zip top bag with the olive oil, 1 Tablespoon of balsamic glaze, salt and pepper.
- Alternatively, arrange the chicken and vegetables onto the pan in an even layer and drizzle olive oil and the balsamic glaze over the top. Add fresh basil if desired. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink and the vegetables are fork tender. The chicken may get done faster than the vegetables, so check at 30 and remove the chicken before the vegetables if needed.
Hope you enjoy!