50+ of the BEST Healthy Dinner Ideas – Great for meal prep and eating clean. Lots of delicious and healthy dinner recipes that don’t skimp on flavor!
This list of healthy dinner ideas is great for meal prepping and eating clean. It’s filled with all types of salad recipes, soups, side dishes and more. The ultimate list to jump start your New Year with nutritious dishes!
Healthy Dinner Ideas
As soon as the New Year approaches, I’m always on the hunt for healthy dinner ideas to enjoy throughout the week. There’s something about starting the year off with clean eating and nutritious recipes that feels SO good!
I love to get organized and meal prep at the beginning of the week. It’s so helpful and makes it much easier to stay on track…especially with a busy schedule.
With this list of 50+ healthy dinner ideas, you’ll find lots of delicious and flavorful recipes that make the perfect quick healthy dinner. Whether you’re looking for healthy salads, low carb dinners, healthy soup recipes, healthy side dishes and more…there are plenty of recipes to choose from. There are even different types of cuisines too…like healthy Mexican food and healthy Chinese food. Yum!
Sometimes you just need a big healthy salad that’s filled with lots of veggies and protein! This list of healthy salads is so versatile…you’re bound to find a recipe that you’d enjoy! You’ll find both sweet and savory salads with delicious toppings like strawberries, avocados, chickpeas, feta, pistachios and more. So flavorful and delicious!
- Mediterranean Salad with Creamy Balsamic Dressing by I Heart Naptime
- Cobb Salad by I Heart Naptime
- Strawberry Burrata Salad with Poppyseed Dressing by I Heart Naptime
- Mandarin Orange Salad by I Heart Naptime
- Apple Cranberry Spinach Salad by I Heart Naptime
- Easy Fajita Salad by I Heart Naptime
- BLT Balsamic Chicken Avocado Feta Salad by Cafe Delites
- Oriental Chicken Salad by Well Plated
I’m a big fan of soup recipes…they’re easy, comforting and filling! There are lots of healthy soups that are so flavorful and don’t taste like ‘skinny’ recipes. Plus I love that you can throw in any veggies and meats that you have on hand and easily whip something up. Be sure to check out this list of healthy soup recipes below…they won’t disappoint!
- Slow Cooker Cabbage Soup by I Heart Naptime
- Hearty Vegetable Soup by I Heart Naptime
- Roasted Cauliflower Soup by I Heart Naptime
- Mexican Chicken Soup by I Heart Naptime
- Creamy Sweet Potato Soup by I Heart Naptime
- Chicken Tortilla Soup by I Heart Naptime
- Leftover Turkey Soup by I Heart Naptime
- Taco Soup by I Heart Naptime
Low Carb Dinners
If you’re following a low carb diet like keto, atkins or paleo, these low carb dinners are great to add to your menu! You won’t even miss the carbs in these healthy dinner recipes…they are packed with flavor and are so delicious. My personal favorite is the Balsamic Chicken and Veggies recipe. It’s made in just one pan and takes only 5 ingredients. So easy!
- One Pan Balsamic Chicken and Veggies by I Heart Naptime
- Sheet Pan Sausage and Vegetables by I Heart Naptime
- Bruschetta Chicken by I Heart Naptime
- One Pan Chicken with Apples by I Heart Naptime
- Grilled BBQ Chicken Foil Dinner by I Heart Naptime
- Chicken Club Lettuce Wraps by I Heart Naptime
- Pizza Stuffed Chicken Breasts by I Heart Naptime
- Greek Chicken Burgers by I Heart Naptime
Healthy Mexican Food
I could eat Mexican food every day! It’s my favorite cuisine and seriously never gets old. And if you give me healthy Mexican food, I love it even more! These healthy dinner ideas don’t skimp on that great Mexican flavor, but have a few healthy swaps that makes these recipes guilt-free. You can’t go wrong with any of these Mexican recipes!
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas by I Heart Naptime
- Crockpot Salsa Chicken by I Heart Naptime
- Mexican Salad with Chipotle Dressing by I Heart Naptime
- Make-Ahead Chicken Fajita Bowls by I Heart Naptime
- Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Bowls by I Heart Naptime
- Mexican BBQ Chicken Salad by I Heart Naptime
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tinga Tacos by I Heart Naptime
- Taco Lettuce Wraps by I Heart Naptime
Healthy Ground Turkey Recipes
Although I love beef, I like to swap it out for ground turkey when I’m trying to make a recipe a tad healthier. There are so many delicious recipes that you can make the swap with, like turkey meatballs, turkey chili, turkey meatloaf and turkey burgers. All are healthy and still super tasty!
- Healthy Turkey Meatballs by I Heart Naptime
- Stuffed Bell Peppers with Ground Turkey & Quinoa by I Heart Naptime
- Healthy Turkey Chili by I Heart Naptime
- Turkey Meatloaf by Buns in My Oven
- Zucchini and Ground Turkey Pizza Boats by Slender Kitchen
- Turkey Taco Quinoa Skillet by Spoonful of Flavor
- Turkey Burger by Center Cut Cook
- Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet by Primavera Kitchen
Healthy Side Dishes
There are all types of healthy side dishes that can be easily whipped up to serve alongside your healthy dinner. My favorite is baked veggies…they get perfectly crispy and caramelized in the oven. You can bake all types of healthy side dishes with vegetables…like baked zucchini fries, sweet potato fries, parmesan broccoli, roasted carrots and more. Delicious!
- Oven Roasted Vegetables by I Heart Naptime
- Baked Zucchini Fries by I Heart Naptime
- Roasted Asparagus by I Heart Naptime
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries by I Heart Naptime
- Roasted Parmesan Broccoli by I Heart Naptime
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pears & Cranberries by I Heart Naptime
- Parmesan Roasted Carrots by I Heart Naptime
- Cucumber Tomato Salad by I Heart Naptime
Healthy Chinese Food
I love Chinese food, but ordering take out is usually not the healthiest. That’s why I love to make healthy Chinese food at home, where I can make simple swaps and know exactly what I’m putting into my dishes. Still so much flavor, but on the lighter side!
- Easy Veggie Beef Ramen by I Heart Naptime
- Baked Teriyaki Chicken Bowl by I Heart Naptime
- Slow Cooker Honey Chicken by I Heart Naptime
- Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps by I Heart Naptime
- Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry by I Heart Naptime
- Egg Roll in a Bowl by Buns in My Oven
- Cauliflower Fried Rice by Skinnytaste
- Healthy Beef and Broccoli by Well Plated
I hope you love this list of healthy dinner recipes as much as I do. Enjoy! :)