Juicy and tender seared chicken topped with a flavorful homemade bruschetta made with fresh tomatoes, basil, garlic, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. This bruschetta chicken is an easy and delicious dinner recipe that has the perfect combination of flavors.
Perfect chicken dish for summer
Last week, I made my favorite bruschetta recipe and it was SO delicious! When summer rolls around, I’m always reminded of how much I love bruschetta and just how tasty it is. We had some of the mixture leftover, so what better way to use it up by making a bruschetta chicken!
If you’ve never tried this meal, it is so simple and the flavors from the tomato and basil compliment the chicken so well. It’s the perfect lower carb main dish for the summer and is a great way to use up your garden’s bounty. I love to add some fresh shaved parmesan cheese and a balsamic glaze for even more flavor. I’m telling you, it’s so fresh and delicious!
- Slice meat in half. Cut the chicken in half before cooking so that it sears faster and more evenly.
- Prepare bruschetta in advance. Make the bruschetta ahead of time so that when dinner rolls around, it’s one less thing to do. It will need to refrigerate for at least 15 minutes to allow the flavors to marinate together.
- Add cheese. Mozzarella would also taste great in this dish. Mix fresh mozzarella cubes in with the tomatoes to make bruschetta caprese, or you can also melt a slice of mozzarella directly on top of the chicken.
- Grilling method. You can grill the chicken instead if preferred. Just season and cook on grill until cooked through.
- Balsamic glaze. Try making your own balsamic glaze to drizzle on top. You only need two ingredients!
Ways to serve bruschetta chicken
- I love serving the chicken on a bed of lettuce for a healthier alternative.
- You can also serve it with cooked pasta.
- Another idea is to cut a french baguette into 4 pieces (then slice vertically) and add cooked chicken slices and bruschetta on top. It would be extra yummy topped with melted cheese too. :)
Favorite sides for serving
- Grilled asparagus or roasted asparagus
- Green beans
- Vegetable skewers
- Kale quinoa salad
- Roasted zucchini and squash
- Grilled corn
- Parmesan roasted broccoli
More easy dinner ideas:
- One pan balsamic chicken and veggies
- Baked chicken parmesan
- Cheesy caprese pasta bake
- Baked lemon chicken
- One pot chicken caprese pasta
- Place the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken into the pan. Cook for 5-6 minutes per side, or until cooked through the center.
- Once cooked, remove from the heat. Top with bruschetta, parmesan cheese and pour the glaze over top.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!