This bruschetta chicken is an easy and delicious dinner recipe that has the perfect combination of flavors. So fresh and is one of our favorite summer meals!
Last week, I made my favorite bruschetta recipe and it was SO delicious! When summer rolls around, I’m always reminded of how much I love bruschetta and just how tasty it is. We had some of the mixture leftover, so what better way to use it up by making a bruschetta chicken!
If you’ve never tried bruschetta chicken, it is so simple and the flavors from the tomato and basil compliment the chicken so well. It’s the perfect main dish for the summer and is a great way to use up your garden’s bounty. I love to add some fresh shaved parmesan cheese and a balsamic glaze for even more flavor. I’m telling you, it’s so fresh and delicious!
How to make bruschetta chicken
Make bruschetta. Start by making the bruschetta. You can even do this ahead of time so that when dinner rolls around, it’s one less thing to do. It will need to refrigerate for at least 15 minutes to allow the flavors to marinate together.
Cook the chicken. Season the chicken breasts with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Then place it in an oiled skillet over medium-high heat and cook for about 5 to 6 minutes per side.
Serve and enjoy. Top the chicken with the bruschetta mixture and shaved parmesan cheese. Then drizzle the balsamic glaze on top.
- Cut the chicken in half before cooking so that it sears faster and more evenly.
- You can grill the chicken instead if preferred. Just season and cook on grill until cooked through.
- Mozzarella would also taste great. Make bruschetta caprese by mixing in fresh mozzarella cubes or you can also melt a slice of mozzarella directly on top of the chicken.
- Try making your own balsamic glaze. You only need two ingredients!
Ways to serve
- With sides like roasted asparagus, green beans or a chopped salad.
- I love serving the chicken on a bed of lettuce for a healthier alternative.
- You can also serve it with cooked pasta.
- Another idea is to cut a french baguette into 4 pieces (then slice vertically) and add cooked chicken slices and bruschetta on top. It would be extra yummy topped with melted cheese too. :)
More recipes with fresh tomato and basil:
Bruschetta Chicken Recipe
- Place the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken into the pan. Cook for 5-6 minutes per side, or until cooked through the center.
- Once cooked, remove from the heat. Top with bruschetta, parmesan cheese and pour the glaze over top.