These sheet pan chicken fajitas are made with only 5 ingredients in just 30 minutes. A quick and easy dinner recipe that the whole family will love!
Easy Chicken Fajita Recipe
I don’t know what I would do without sheet pan dinners. They are a lifesaver on busy weeknights and make dinner time way less stressful. This is one of our favorite sheet pan meals, as well as sausage and vegetables and balsamic chicken and veggies.
So I know I’ve mentioned this before, but my family loves Mexican food. We make it once a week and go out to our favorite Mexican restaurant once a month. My husband always orders fajitas and I usually get tacos. We love making both at home. It’s so much cheaper and healthier as well. But sometimes it’s nice to go out too. Mainly for the chips and salsa. I can’t get enough. :)
This chicken fajita recipe is seriously so easy to make and takes no time at all. If you line your pan with foil beforehand, you’ll have very few dishes. The thing I love about them is that both the fajita veggies and chicken are cooked in one pan. Aren’t sheet pan dinners the best?! They save my sanity on busy weeknights.
Only 5 Ingredients!
- Chicken: You’ll need about 1 pound chicken breast, sliced into strips. I used 2 large breasts.
- Bell peppers: I use a mixture of red, green and yellow chopped bell peppers. Feel free to use pepper color of choice.
- Fajita seasoning: To make it easier, I use store bought…however you could make your own homemade fajita seasoning too.
- Oil: The oil helps the seasoning stick to the chicken and veggies. I use about 2 Tablespoons.
- Tortillas: We typically use flour tortillas, but corn tortillas work great too.
How to Make Sheet Pan Fajitas in Oven
- PREPARE. Preheat the oven to 415°F and line your baking sheet with foil. This helps make clean up so much easier! Add the veggies to the pan and bake for 3-5 minutes while you slice the chicken.
- BAKE. Remove the pan from oven and add sliced chicken. Drizzle olive oil on top and sprinkle on seasoning. Toss to coat. Bake for 20-25 minutes (stirring halfway through), until the chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender.
- SERVE. Enjoy inside a tortilla, over a bed of rice or on top of a salad. Add your favorite toppings and dig in!
Don’t forget to load on all your favorite toppings! All optional, of course…but highly recommended. :)
- Sliced avocado or guacamole
- Red salsa or salsa verde
- Pico de gallo
- Fresh lime
- Chopped cilantro
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese
- Chopped onions
- Line your pan with foil. Then you’ll have virtually no clean up!
- Feel free to add in more veggies like mushrooms or zucchini.
- Marinate the chicken in a fajita marinade an hour beforehand for more flavor.
- You can use another type of meat (like shrimp or steak), however the cooking time may vary.
- Stir the veggies halfway through to ensure all sides cook evenly.
- If you like your veggies more brown, bump up the heat to 425°F half way through.
- If serving with tortillas, wrap in foil and place on baking sheet the last 5 minutes to warm them up.
Keep it classic with tortillas or serve over a salad for a low carb option. It will be delicious no matter how you serve them!
- Serve in tortillas (flour or corn)
- Make lettuce wraps with romaine lettuce
- Over a bed of rice
- Make a fajita salad
- Make a chicken fajita bowl
5 star review
“These are the best easy chicken fajitas I have had! Super simple for a busy night, or if you don’t have time to cook a large meal. We have had them twice this week and probably adding this into our dinner menu each week! So good!”-Raquel
More Easy Mexican Meals:
- 5-Ingredient Chicken Stuffed Peppers
- Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowls
- Steak Fajitas
- One Pot Burrito Bowls
- Slow Cooker Taco Lasagna
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
Optional toppings: Fresh limes, chopped cilantro, avocado slices or guacamole, shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa
- Preheat the oven to 415°F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Spray with nonstick spray.
- Slice the peppers and onions and place onto the pan. Bake for 3 to 5 minutes, while you slice the chicken.
- Then place the chicken on the pan and drizzle the olive oil over the top and sprinkle on the Fajita seasoning. Toss to coat.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are fork tender. I like to stir the vegetables half way through, and drain off any excess liquid from the pan around 15 minutes. If you like your vegetables a little more browned, bump up the heat to 425°F half way through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy the fajita chicken inside a tortilla, on top of a bed of rice or salad if you’re watching your carbs. Top with your favorite toppings.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!