Blackberry cheesecake bars made with a delicious sugar cookie crust, cream cheese filling and blackberry topping. An incredibly easy dessert to make and seriously divine!
This recipe is definitely one you’ll want to save for later! The blackberry bars almost remind me of fruit pizza, but also a no bake cheesecake. It’s the perfect mix of the two. This dessert is light, refreshing and will soon become one of your favorites!
I absolutely love blackberries and somehow often forget about them. So these blackberry cheesecake bars are a great way to incorporate fresh blackberries and tastes amazing! To make the recipe a little easier, I used a pre-made sugar cookie crust and then spread on a creamy cheesecake filling and fresh blackberry topping. You could definitely make a homemade sugar cookie crust, similar to my sugar cookie bars. So easy and tasty.
3 delicious layers
- Sugar cookie crust: To make it easier, I used store bought sugar cookie dough. You could definitely make your own though. Check out my favorite homemade sugar cookie recipe.
- Cheesecake filling: The cheesecake filling is rich, creamy and tastes absolutely delicious. Once made, you’ll want to spread it on top of the bars and let it freeze for about 15 minutes so that it sets.
- Blackberry filling: The filling is super simple and is made up of just blackberries, sugar and water. I love the addition of the blackberries, but you could really use any fruit of choice.
Tips + modifications
- You could use a graham cracker crust instead if preferred.
- Can make in a 9×13″ pan and double the recipe.
- Line with foil or parchment, so you can easily lift up and remove from the pan.
- Feel free to use other berries like strawberries, blueberries or raspberries. Just substitute an equal amount.
Can I freeze blackberry cheesecake bars?
These bars can absolutely be frozen. Just slice into squares, then wrap each bar in plastic wrap or foil. Then place in a freezer container and store in freezer. When ready to eat, remove from freezer to thaw and enjoy!
More cheesecake recipes you’ll love:
- Strawberry cheesecake mousse
- Cheesecake brownies
- No-bake cheesecake dip
- Mini oreo cheesecake bites
- Cheesecake cookie bars
Blackberry Cheesecake Bars
- 16 ounces sugar cookie dough
- 8 ounces cream cheese , at room temp
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9×9″ pan with non-stick foil. Then evenly press the cookie dough into the pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a tooth pick comes clean. Allow to cool. You can place in the freezer for 15 minutes to help it cool faster.
- For the cream cheese filling, add the heavy cream in a mixing bowl and beat for 2 to 3 minutes, or until a whisk forms. Then beat in the cream cheese and mix until smooth. Next add the sugar, powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth and creamy. Then spread over the top of the sugar cookie. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- For the blackberry filling, combine the blackberries, sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Break down the blackberries with the back of your spoon.
- Next, add spoonfuls of the blackberry filling on top the cheesecake filling. Then swirl using a knife to get the marble effect. Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours before cutting.
- Once cut into bars, you can add a fresh blackberry on top if you'd like. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!