This strawberry shortcake trifle is the perfect no-bake summer dessert. It’s easy to make for a crowd and super delicious!
If I had to choose a favorite fruit, it would definitely be strawberries! They are one of my favorite things about summer. We buy the giant four-pound containers of strawberries all summer long and eat them with almost every meal. Being the dessert lover that I am, I really love using them to whip up something sweet, too! I love that they are so flavorful that it doesn’t take much to make them into a show-stopping dessert.
This strawberry shortcake trifle is one of our favorite desserts! It’s ready in about ten minutes, so easy that the kids can help make it, and it has just a few easy ingredients. It’s a favorite for bringing to parties because it’s so simple and everyone loves it!
It really could not be easier to make. You’ll start by beating some heavy cream with a little sugar and vanilla to make a delicious homemade whipped cream. Next you’ll chop some fresh strawberries…
Then you’ll cut your pound cake into cubes. I found these giant pound cake cupcakes at Costco and used three of them, but a regular loaf of pound cake would work great, too.
Next it’s time to start layering! Add some pound cake to each serving glass, top with strawberries, dollop on some whip cream, and repeat.
In just a few minutes, you have a completely gorgeous and delicious dessert! The recipe makes six individual servings in mini trifle jars, but if you’re serving a larger group, you could easily double (or even triple) the recipe and serve it in a glass bowl or trifle dish. You can also make it a few hours in advance and have it waiting in the fridge, which makes it perfect for parties. I served mine on top of white paper doilies to give it an extra special touch. :)
Each bite is a delicious blend of buttery pound cake, sweet whipped cream, and juicy strawberries. Really, what could be better than that? Yum!
EASY Strawberry Shortcake Trifle
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 loaf pound cake cut into cubes
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- In a medium bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat (on medium-low speed) the heavy cream until light and fluffy. Add the sugar and vanilla, and beat until soft peaks form.
- To assemble the trifle, divide the pound cake in half and distribute evenly between six individual serving glasses. Sprinkle half the strawberries over the top, then add a dollop of whipped cream. Repeat with remaining pound cake, strawberries, and whipped cream.
- To make for a crowd, double the recipe and assemble in a glass bowl or trifle dish. The trifle can be made up to 3 hours in advance and refrigerated before serving.
If you love this delicious, summer-y dessert, you’ll enjoy these too!