Easy Brown Bag Apple Pie – The most delicious crumb top apple pie that is perfect for beginner pie makers! The brown bag helps seal in all of the delicious flavors. This apple crumb pie is seriously divine!
My family loves apple pie and begs for it every fall. This easy apple pie is my go-to classic recipe, but we also love apple cheesecake pie, apple crisps, caramel apple monkey bread and caramel apple pie bars.
Apple crumble pie
This brown bag apple pie is so easy and is absolutely delicious. My friend brought this apple crumble pie to my home last year for Thanksgiving dinner and I knew I needed to get the recipe to share with you. This easy apple pie recipe comes from her grandma and tastes like the most wonderful homemade apple dessert.
We drizzled a little salted caramel and added vanilla ice cream on top. Seriously divine and the crumb topping is amazing. This brown bag apple pie is perfect for anyone to make. The brown bag helps seal in the all yummy juices and flavors. It’s pretty simple (as far as pie making goes) to make and turns out amazing every time!
What are best apples for apple pie?
You honestly can use any type of apple to make this apple crumble pie. My favorite apples to use are granny smith and honey crisp, however there are plenty of others that would work too. You can even mix multiple kinds of apples to make the easy apple pie.
What are the ingredients for apple pie?
What I like about this brown bag apple pie is that it doesn’t require a ton of ingredients and most of them I already had on hand. See below for list of all ingredients included in apple crumble pie recipe.
- paper grocery bag
How do you make apple pie filling?
To make the apple pie filling, combine the sugar, flour, nutmeg and cinnamon. Toss lightly with sliced apples. Let sit 10 minutes for sugar mixture to melt onto the apples and then pour into the unbaked pie shell. If you want to make a big batch of apple pie filling to use for fall baking, try using this recipe.
How do you make a crumb topping for apple pie?
To make the crumb topping for apple pie, combine flour, butter, and sugar. Mix together with fingers or a fork, until crumbly. Sprinkle crumb topping over apple pie. You’ll want to bake soon before the butter mixture softens too much.
Easy Brown Bag Apple Pie
- 1 pie dish
- 1 paper grocery bag
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 Tablespoons cold milk
- 4 cups sliced apples
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- First make the crust by combining the flour, sugar, salt, oil & milk. Mix until well blended. Pat mixture in bottom and side of a 9″ pie pan. Do not roll out. (To smooth it out use the back of a hot metal spoon and gently push down to smooth evenly.) Set Aside.
- Filling: Combine sugar, flour, nutmeg and cinnamon. Toss lightly with sliced apples. Let sit 10 minutes for sugar mixture to melt onto the apples and then pour into the unbaked pie shell.
- Topping: Combine flour, butter, and sugar. Mix together with fingers or a fork, until crumbly. Sprinkle over pie. You’ll want to bake soon before the butter mixture softens too much.
- Place pie in brown paper bag and staple shut. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours. (If oven bakes hot, reduce to 325 degrees. No peeking.) Slit sack open with sharp knife. Cool easy apple pie on a cooling rack.
- Serve apple crumble pie warm. Tastes great with vanilla ice cream and caramel on top.