Apple cheesecake pie topped with salted caramel and vanilla ice cream. The most perfect fall dessert that’s absolutely delicious! This apple cheesecake will become your new favorite treat!
As soon as fall hits, I start making all things apple. This apple cheesecake is one of my favorite apple desserts, along with apple pull apart bread, apple pie cupcakes, brown bag apple pie and easy apple crisp.
When fall arrives, my favorite thing to do is to go apple picking. We make tons of easy apple recipes with the fresh apples we pick, like apple sauce and apple chips… and of course making yummy apple desserts like this one below. This apple pie cheesecake is pure heaven. Imagine apple crisp, pie and cheesecake combined in one! One bite and you’ll be hooked!
Favorite apples to use in cheesecake pie
When making my homemade pie filling for this cheesecake pie, I used a variation of apples we picked at the orchard. Below are my favorites to use when baking. You could use store bought pie filling too, but I think nothing beats the homemade version.
- Granny Smith
How to make apple cheesecake pie
This cheesecake pie recipe definitely takes a little more time than your typical apple pie, but it is worth it. Promise! Just follow these simple steps. Find the full printable apple pie cheesecake recipe below.
- To start out, you’re going to make the apple pie filling. I suggest making it the night before, so it has time to set overnight. You can always use a store bought apple filling, but this homemade recipe is so yummy and I definitely recommend trying it.
- Next you’ll make your pie crust (or to save time, use a pre-made crust like I did). Then you’ll make the cheesecake filling and top it with the apple pie filling. To top if off, you’ll add a cinnamon oatmeal crumb topping. YUM!
Toppings to add to apple pie cheesecake
Ice Cream: A warm piece of this cheesecake pie tastes incredible with a scoop of vanilla ice cream top.
Salted Caramel: To turn this into caramel apple cheesecake, all you need to do is drizzle a little caramel sauce on top
Whipped Cream: Add a dollop of whipped cream for the ultimate dessert.
Nuts: Sometimes I’ll add a couple of tablespoons of chopped nuts on top. Pecans are my favorite, but you could add favorite nut of choice.
Apple Cheesecake Pie
- 1 pie crust (homemade or store bought)
- 3 cups apple pie filling (make the night before or use store bought)
- 8 oz cream cheese (at room temp)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 Tablespoons salted butter (melted)
For serving: vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place the pie dough into a 9-inch pie plate. Fold the edges of the dough under and crimp them. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- For the cheesecake: Beat the cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add the egg and beat until incorporated. Spread the cheesecake onto the prepared pie crust.
- For the crumb topping: Mix together the crumb topping ingredients with a fork.
- Gently spoon the apple pie filling on top of the cheesecake filling. Then sprinkle the crumb mixture over the apple pie filling.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Remove the pie plate from the oven and place on wire rack. Allow to cool for one hour, then refrigerate until completely chilled and ready to serve. Top with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce if desired.
This apple pie cheesecake would be the perfect pie for Thanksgiving, or anytime during the holidays. Enjoy! :)
This caramel apple cheesecake recipe comes from my friend Jocelyn’s (at Inside BruCrew Life) cookbook: Cheesecake Love.