Flaky pie crust topped with layers of cheesecake, apple pie filling and an amazing streusel topping. This apple cheesecake pie will become your favorite fall dessert!
This delicious dessert is what dreams are made of. Imagine an apple crisp, apple pie and cheesecake all combined into one. Then topped with salted caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream. Take one bite and you’ll be hooked!
When fall arrives, my favorite thing to do is to go apple picking. We make tons of easy recipes with the fresh apples we pick, like apple sauce and apple chips…and of course making yummy apple desserts like this one below
. This apple pie cheesecake is pure heaven. It’s filled with layers of flaky crust, cheesecake, apple filling and then topped with a delicious streusel topping. It would be the perfect pie for Thanksgiving, or anytime during the holidays. Enjoy! :)
4 delicious layers
- Crust: The dessert starts out with flaky and delicious crust. I love making an easy homemade pie crust, but you can also use premade pie dough from the grocery.
- Cheesecake: Next comes the creamy cheesecake layer made with a simple mixture of cream cheese, sugar and an egg.
- Pie filling: This is where the fresh apples come in handy (see below for favorite type to use). Use them to make a delicious apple pie filling. You could use store bought pie filling too, but I think nothing beats the homemade version.
- Streusel topping: It’s topped off with a delicious streusel topping made with oats, flour, butter, sugar and spices.
Best apples to use
When making my homemade pie filling for this recipe, I used a variation of apples we picked at the orchard. Below are my favorites to use when baking.
- Granny smith
How to make apple pie cheesecake
This cheesecake pie recipe definitely takes a little more time than your typical apple pie, but it is worth it. Promise! Just follow these simple steps. Find the full printable recipe below.
- CRUST. Place the dough onto a 9″ pie pan and fold the edges under to crimp them. Refrigerate the crust while you make the other layers.
- CHEESECAKE. Beat together the softened cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Then beat in the egg. Spread the cheesecake filling onto the prepared dough.
- FILLING. Then gently spoon the apple filling on top of the cheesecake layer. I suggest making the filling the night before, so it has time to set overnight. You can always use a store bought can, but this homemade apple pie filling is so yummy and I definitely recommend trying it.
- CRUMB TOPPING. Mix together the topping ingredients with a fork, then evenly sprinkle on top of apples.
- BAKE. Bake at 375°F for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool for about an hour. Then place in the refrigerator until it is completely chilled and ready to serve.
Add any of the below toppings to really take this dessert over the top:
More delicious fall desserts:
Apple Cheesecake Pie
For serving: vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place the pie dough into a 9-inch pie plate. Fold the edges of the dough under and crimp them. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- For the cheesecake: Beat the cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add the egg and beat until incorporated. Spread the cheesecake onto the prepared crust.
- For the crumb topping: Mix together the crumb topping ingredients with a fork.
- Gently spoon the apple filling on top of the cheesecake filling. Then sprinkle the crumb mixture over the apples.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and place on wire rack. Allow to cool for one hour, then refrigerate until completely chilled and ready to serve. Top with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce if desired.