These delicious and easy apple desserts are perfect to enjoy during the fall season. Whether it’s a pie, cake, bread or more, you’re sure to satisfy your apple craving with any of these recipes!
Table of Contents
Quick and Easy Apple Desserts
These easy apple desserts are the best fall treats that can be whipped up with minimal effort or complex preparation. From classics like apple crisp to simple baked apples, these recipes are full of apple pie spice and will make you love autumn even more!
This time of the year the air is crisp and gorgeous apples are in season. There are so many delicious recipes that you could make a different one each day of the season. There is sure to be a dessert on this list that will satisfy your sweet tooth!
Many of these recipes will tell you which apple variety will work best with the recipe. Truthfully, whatever you have on hand will probably work, but the general rule of thumb is to use a more tart apple for baking purposes. As it cooks, sugars will naturally be released, so reach for varieties such as Granny Smith apple, Braeburn, and Jonagold.
Ready to get baking? Here are some of the BEST recipes to make this season! And don’t forget to top these best apple desserts with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and a drizzle of salted caramel. :)
How to Pick the Best Apples
Whether you’re going apple picking or choosing some at the local grocery, look for apples that have the characteristics below.
- Color: A vibrant red or green color without any dark or bruised spots on the skin.
- Smell: A fragrant smell that’s sweet and fresh.
- Touch: Mostly firm and crisp without any super soft spots.
Tips for Baking with Apples
When baking with apples, you want to use varieties that are firm and crisp so that they hold their shape and don’t get mushy. Using a mix of apple varieties that range from tart to sweet can add deep flavor to apple desserts. The tart apples will remain crisp and tart while baking and sweeter apples in contrast will turn jammy, it’s the best combination!
My personal favorites for making desserts are Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, Fuji or Golden Delicious. Their flavor and texture is just right!
All Things Apple Pie
It doesn’t get more classic than apple pie. These recipes are not your average apple pies, however. Each one of these incredible desserts have their own twist that make them some of the best desserts ever.
- Dutch Apple Pie – Made with a flaky pie crust, apple filling and a buttery crumble topping.
- Brown Bag Apple Pie – The brown bag helps seal in all the delicious flavors. It’s my absolute favorite way to make it!
- Caramel Apple Pie Bars – All the same pie flavors, but made with an easy shortbread crust instead.
- Apple Pie Filling – Perfectly caramelized cinnamon sugared apples that are tender and bursting with flavor in every bite.
- Apple Cheesecake Pie – A fun twist on the classic that includes a rich and creamy cheesecake layer.
- Apple Pie Cupcakes – Filled with apple filling and topped with a creamy cinnamon buttercream.
- Apple Fritters – Homemade apple pie filling in pastry dough that is lightly fried is the best way to start or end the day!
Bread and Muffins
These delicious bread and muffin recipes are the perfect way to showcase this amazing fruit. I love that you can enjoy them for breakfast, dessert or even as a snack. My family loves each and every one of these!
- Apple Cinnamon Muffins – Moist, fluffy and perfect for both kids and adults. Double the batch and freeze half for later!
- Caramel Apple Monkey Bread – Ooey gooey and so delicious! Made with canned biscuits which makes it even easier to make.
- Apple Pull Apart Bread – This will become your new favorite! Topped with a rich and sweet caramel icing that’s out of this world.
- Apple Cinnamon Pancakes – Fluffy pancakes filled with grated apples and cinnamon. The perfect fall breakfast!
- Apple Crepes – If you love traditional crepes, this delicious fall variation will become your new favorite!
- Applesauce Muffins – Easy to make for snacks, lunchboxes or anytime you need a muffin fix!
Easy Apple Desserts
If you are anything like me, you probably don’t have the desire to spend time creating a complicated dessert (especially after already spending time to make dinner!). These recipes will quickly take you from dinner to dessert in a flash.
- Apple Crisp Recipe – Fruit filling sprinkled with a streusel topping then baked until golden in the oven. So delicious!
- Apple Dump Cake – A dump cakes are one of the easiest desserts out there, and this delicious fall version is no exception!
- Caramel Apples – Bring the local bakery or candy shop to you! You won’t believe how easy it is to dip your own at home.
- Snickers Pie – An easy no-bake pie filled with chopped candy, apples, caramel and whipped cream.
- Crockpot Apple Cider – The perfect fall beverage for serving a crowd. This is a must at all of your holiday get-togethers!
- Caramel Apple Cider – If you love the classic cider, this delicious caramel version will blow your socks off!
- Apple Cobbler – That golden and buttery cobbler topping is what dreams are made of.
- Apple Cider Caramels – A twist on the traditional homemade caramel candy that have the perfect fall flavor in every bite.
- Apple Crumble – With only 15 minutes of prep time needed, you’ll be making this delicious dessert all season long. Serve with a drizzle of caramel sauce for a piece of heaven.
- Apple Cake – An easy to make cake loaded with fresh apple pieces! Drizzled with a buttery brown sugar glaze, this cake tastes amazing with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Despite being healthy, these are everything a dessert should be—sweet, cravable and yes…healthy! The best way to finish up dinner and satisfy your sweet tooth, with no guilt necessary.
- Cinnamon Oat Baked Apples – The same flavors as the pie, but with less calories and work!
- Crockpot Apple Butter – Naturally sweet on it’s own, with no sugar added.
- Crockpot Applesauce – The perfect snack for your little ones. Add as little or as much sweetener as you’d like.
- Cinnamon Apple Chips – Baked in the oven until crispy and sweet. Swap the potato chips with these for a healthier option!
Easy Apple Desserts
- Slice the apples into thin slices, just before ready to serve. You can squeeze a little lemon juice on top to prevent them from browning. Line the apples on top of a plate.
- Place peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for about 20 seconds. Place peanut butter in a zip top bag and snip off the edge. You could also use a spoon.
- Drizzle the peanut butter over top of the apples. Drizzle the honey on top of the apples and sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
The Full List of Easy Apple Desserts
Click on the links below to find the recipes for all of the easy apple desserts mentioned above!
So, which apple recipe are you going to try first? Comment below!