Cheesy Baked Ziti Recipe – Baked ziti loaded with pasta, marinara, cheese and beef that makes the ultimate Italian dish. A staple family recipe that’s always a big crowd pleaser!
One of my all time favorite foods is pasta. There is something so comforting about taking a bite of warm, cheesy noodles covered in a flavorful sauce. I love this baked ziti recipe, as well as white chicken lasagna, baked ravioli and one pot caprese pasta.
Today I’ll be sharing my favorite cheesy baked ziti recipe that is made at least once a month in my home, if not more. This recipe has been a staple in my family for as long as I can remember. I loved helping my mom cook dinner as a little girl, especially when it was something I was excited to eat. I still remember pulling up a stool and having the job of stirring the noodles. This was recipe was requested often by me and my siblings. I love the memories I have sitting together as a family on the same kitchen table growing up. This recipe has brought my loved ones together through generations and I hope it will soon become a staple in your home too!
I’m excited to be partnering with McCormick for this post in their American Homemade campaign. Their spices always add the best flavors to my favorite dishes.
This is also a great meal to take to someone who just had a baby or is sick. I buy these pans from the Dollar Store and fill the pasta inside. You can see I used rigatoni pasta and a mix of cheeses below. We use all kinds of noodles and cheese for this pasta dish… just whatever we have on hand. It always turns out super yummy! The sour cream and cheese takes it over the top! Mmm… now I am craving pasta!
Enjoy my families favorite dish! It tastes wonderful served with garlic bread and caesar salad. :)
Cheesy baked ziti
- 1 pound ziti pasta
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound hamburger
- 15 ounces can diced tomatoes
- 26 ounces jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick basil leaves
- 2 cups grated fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- Fresh minced basil or parsley for top optional
- Pre-heat oven to 350° and grease a 9×13 pan. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add in onion and garlic then saute for 3-5 minutes, or until onions are tender. Add in hamburger and cook until brown.
- While hamburger is browning boil pasta according to package directions, then drain.
- Once hamburger is brown, add tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, salt, oregano, pepper and basil leaves. Stir and allow to simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream and noodles. Then pour half the mixture into the pan. Top with 1 cup mozzarella cheese and then pour the rest of the pasta mixture on top. Place the remaining cheese on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.
- Top with fresh basil or parsley if desired.