This easy chicken and rice casserole is a quick and delicious dinner idea that the whole family will love. It’s made with just 4 simple ingredients…most of which you probably already have in your pantry!
Table of Contents
Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole
If you need a trusty casserole recipe, you’ve found your match. This dish honestly couldn’t get any easier and tastes super delicious. It reminds me of my one pot chicken and rice, but in casserole form. Your whole family will love it!
This is one of those recipes that is nice to have on hand for when you need to pull dinner together quickly and don’t have a lot of time to prep. It only takes 4 ingredients and one dish to make. And I bet you already have everything you need in your pantry!
This dinner may not be the prettiest dish, but it’s sure to please the whole family. The chicken is tender and the rice has such a great flavor. Plus it’s easy to customize with your favorite spices and veggies. Like most casseroles including this, my easy chicken divan casserole, chicken and noodle casserole and chicken tetrazzini recipe, you can’t mess it up!
4 Simple Ingredients
- Chicken breasts
- Long grain rice
- Ranch seasoning
- Cream of chicken soup
- Add in mixed vegetables such as carrots or mushrooms with the rice before baking.
- Use Italian dressing mix or onion soup mix in place of ranch seasoning.
- Use cream of mushroom or celery in place of cream of chicken.
- Top the rice with cheese during the last 10 minutes of baking.
How to Make Chicken Rice Casserole
Cut and season chicken. Trim any excess fat off the chicken, then pound or cut it down so it’s 1/2″ thick. Place it on the bottom of a greased pan and sprinkle the ranch seasoning, salt and pepper on top. Then pour the rice on top.
Add liquids. Whisk together the cream of chicken soup and water, then pour the mixture over the meat and rice.
Bake. Cover the pan with foil and bake at 350°F for 60 to 70 minutes. It’s ready when the rice is tender and meat is cooked through. Remove from oven and let sit for about 5 to 10 minutes prior to serving.
Favorite Sides for Serving
More Chicken Recipes
Chicken and Rice Casserole Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup long grain rice , uncooked
- 2 Tablespoons Ranch seasoning , can also use Italian seasoning or onion soup mix
- 1 ½ cups water
- 10 ounces cream of chicken soup , can sub for cream of mushroom or celery
S&P , to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray or butter the bottom of a pan.
- Trim any fat from the chicken and pound or cut down to 1/2" thickness. Place the chicken onto the bottom of the pan and season with ranch seasoning, salt and pepper. Then pour the uncooked rice on top.
- Whisk together the cream of chicken soup and water. Then pour over the top of the chicken and rice. Cover with foil and bake for 60-70 minutes, or until chicken is cooked and rice is tender. Pull out of the oven and let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!