Chicken Stuffed Peppers – Made with 5 simple ingredients in just 30 minutes! A flavorful family-favorite that’s perfect for busy weeknights!
Bell peppers are a popular vegetable at our house. Surprisingly, my whole family eats them right up! We love to make these chicken stuffed peppers, as well as beef stuffed bell peppers with quinoa, chicken fajitas, chicken kabobs and sheet pan sausage and vegetables.
Chicken stuffed bell peppers
These shredded chicken stuffed peppers are family-friendly and super easy to make. They’re a quick 30-minute meal and require only 5 simple ingredients. Doesn’t get better than that!
Another bonus is that my kids absolutely love this chicken stuffed bell pepper recipe! They’re full of flavor and loaded with all their favorites. Eat them plain or dress them up with delicious toppings like shredded cheese, sour cream and fresh cilantro. Seriously so yummy and EASY!
How to make chicken stuffed peppers
To get started, preheat the oven to 350ºF and spray a baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
Step 1: Boil the bell peppers
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cut the bell pepper tops off and remove the seeds. Once water is boiling, place the peppers in the water for about 5-7 minutes, or until fork tender.
Step 2: Make chicken mixture
While the peppers are cooking, begin to make the chicken mixture. Warm the chicken in a frying pan over medium-heat, then mix in salsa, black beans, rice and taco seasoning. Cook until warm. S&P to taste.
Step 3: Assemble and bake
Remove the bell peppers from the water and set on a paper towel to dry. Once dry, stuff the peppers with the chicken mixture. Place in the baking dish and add shredded cheese if desired. Bake for 10 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.
Add favorite toppings like sour cream and cilantro. Enjoy while hot!
More Mexican dishes:
- One-Pot Burrito Bowls
- Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
- Mexican Chicken Casserole
- Slow Cooker Taco Lasagna
- Baked Chicken Taquitos
- Easy Fajita Salad
Chicken Stuffed Peppers Recipe
Optional toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Boil a large pot of water. Cut the tops of the bell peppers off and remove the seeds. Then place the bell peppers in the water for 5 to 7 minutes, or until tender.
- While the peppers are cooking, warm the shredded chicken in a frying pan over medium-heat. Then mix in the salsa, black beans, rice and taco seasoning. Cook until warm. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove peppers from the water and set on a paper towel. Once dry, stuff peppers with chicken mixture.
- Place in the baking dish and then add shredded cheese if desired. Bake for 10 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.
- Add desired toppings and enjoy while hot!