These chocolate chip cookie dough truffles are the perfect no-bake sweet treat that takes just 10 minutes to whip up! They will cure your sweet tooth in a matter of seconds!
Chocolate chip cookies are my favorite dessert in the world. And because I love them so much, I love to make fun variations like these cookie dough truffles, chocolate chip cookie bars, a cookie pizza and chocolate chip cookie pie. Yum!
I made these chocolate chip cookie dough truffles for a few friends last week and they were gone within minutes! They only take about 10 minutes to whip up and then 30 minutes to freeze. They make the perfect mini treat for a get together.
I topped them off with a little sea salt, chopped nuts and sprinkles. They were seriously divine and the perfect chocolate fix! I just love cookie dough, so these truffles are great because there’s no egg in them, making them perfectly safe to eat. Just like edible cookie dough. ;)
Place them in the freezer for whenever you need a little late night snack. These will definitely be made again. Easy and delicious… can’t beat that!
How to make cookie dough truffles
Scroll down for the printable recipe and video tutorial.
Step 1: Prepare the dough
In a bowl, mix together butter, sugar and vanilla. Then slowly mix in flour just until combined. I like to start with about 1/2 cup, then add a little more in increments until the texture reaches the “cookie dough” consistency. Then stir in desired amount of chocolate chips.
Step 2: Roll into balls and freeze
Form into 1-inch balls and place on a wax paper lined baking sheet. Place pan in freezer to harden for about 15-30 minutes.
Step 3: Melt the chocolate
When the cookie dough balls are firm, melt the chocolate in the microwave at 50% power until smooth.
Step 4: Dip in chocolate
Using a fork, dip the balls into the melted chocolate. Tap the fork against the bowl to remove any excess chocolate. Place back on wax paper and sprinkle on desired toppings immediately (before the chocolate hardens).
Step 5: Freeze and serve!
Place truffles back in the freezer until chocolate has hardened completely. Then place them on a plate or cake stand to serve. Enjoy!
- Chopped nuts
- Sea salt
- Chocolate drizzle
- Toasted coconut
- Mini chocolate chips
- Fridge: Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 5-7 days.
- Freezer: Place in freezer bag or container and store for up to 1 month.
More homemade candy:
- Sugar Cookie Truffles
- Oreo Balls
- Chocolate Truffles
- Brownie Truffles
- Peanut Butter Fudge
- Homemade Twix Bars
- Homemade Snickers
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
Optional toppings: Sea salt, sprinkles or chopped nuts
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. In a bowl, mix together butter, sugar and vanilla. Then slowly mix in flour and mix just until combined. I like to start with 1/2 cup and add more, until it reaches the “cookie dough” consistency. Then stir in desired amount of chocolate chips.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on the pan. Freeze for about 15 to 30 minutes.
- When the dough is firm, melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips in the microwave at 50% power. Then dip the cookie dough in the chocolate with a fork. Tap the fork on the edge of the bowl to remove any excess chocolate. Place back on wax paper and immediately top with sea salt, nuts or sprinkles if desired.
- Place truffles back in the freezer until chocolate has hardened. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Tip: Add 1/2 to 1 Tablespoon of milk to the cookie dough mixture if it becomes too crumbly.
- Storage: Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 5-7 days.
- To freeze: Place in freezer bag or container and store for up to 1 month.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe adapted from BHG.