This Cranberry Orange Chocolate Chip Bread recipe is a family favorite around the holidays and it’s perfect for gift giving too. It’s a quick bread, which means no yeast, so it needs no time to rise. Just mix up the ingredients and bake for about an hour and you’re good to go!
It even looks festive with those bright red cranberries. Now when I first started making this bread it was a while back and I used dried cranberries instead of the fresh. This year I tried it with fresh cranberries and oh my goodness, what a difference that made! The bright tartness of the cranberries combined with the tart and sweet of the orange and the bitter sweetness of the chocolate chips – there are so many wonderful flavors layered together! My whole family enjoys this recipe, and I love that it makes two nice sized loaves. One to eat now, and
one to eat tomorrow freeze for later. Or wrap it up with a cute printable wrapper, like this one that you can grab over at Yellow Bliss Road!
It’s perfect for breakfast on a cold day with a hot cup of coffee or tea, and it’s a perfect dessert, too. In fact, I think I’m going to go cut another slice now. You should make this, really. Like now.
Thanks again for having me Jamielyn! See you next month!
Cranberry Orange Chocolate Chip Bread
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole fresh cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two 9″x5″ loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl, using a whisk or a for until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, orange juice and zest, vanilla extract, orange extract, and melted butter.
- Pour wet ingredients into the flour mixture and stir just until blended – do not over mix. Gently fold in cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter evenly between the two baking pans. Bake for about 50-60 minutes. It’s done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack, then gently slide a sharp knife around the bread to loosen and remove from the pans.