Easy 3-Ingredient Chili – The most simple chili recipe that’s made in 30 minutes or less! Thick, hearty and perfect for fall.
When it comes to easy soup recipes, this quick chili recipe is at the top of my list. Some of my other favorites are taco soup, lasagna soup, crockpot chicken enchilada soup and hearty vegetable soup.
This easy to make, delicious to eat, easy 3-ingredient chili recipe has three basic ingredients that you can build upon to make your ultimate chili that’s perfect for your next football party!
All that you need to make this simple chili recipe is a pound of cooked and drained ground beef, a can of chili beans (undrained) and a can of chili ready diced tomatoes. Mix the meat, beans and tomatoes together in large pot, bring it to a boil and then simmer for about 30 minutes.
Only 3 ingredients!
- Chili beans: Make sure to use undrained beans. The sauce helps give that soupy consistency.
- Diced tomatoes with green chiles: I like to use Rotel or Hunt’s Seasoned Diced Tomatoes in Sauce for Chili
- Ground beef: Beef gives the chili a heartier flavor, however ground turkey will work too
How to make easy chili
Simply follow the steps below to get started. Scroll down for the printable easy chili recipe.
Step 1: Mix ingredients together in pot
In a large pot, mix together the cooked beef, beans and tomatoes.
Step 2: Bring to a boil, then simmer
Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-heat, then reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for about 30 minutes.
Step 3: Add favorite toppings and enjoy
Add salt and pepper to taste. Then enjoy with your favorite toppings such as shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped tortilla chips and green onions.
Ways to modify
At this point, you have a great bowl of thick and hearty chili. It serves four to six people and has a great flavor just on it’s own.
But sometimes I like to get creative, and I’ll add in some extra ingredients to make it even better. Here are a few other ideas to spice up your chili:
- Kick up the spice by adding chili powder, red pepper flakes or hot sauce.
- Use a different meat like shredded chuck roast, stew meat, diced chicken, ground turkey or diced beef sausage.
- Experiment with different beans – try adding a can of black, cannellini or kidney beans.
- Top with onions, jalapenos, sour cream, or cheese.
- Not a fan of cooked tomatoes? Blend the diced tomatoes in a blender to make tomato sauce – you still get the flavor without the chunks of cooked tomato.
TIP: When adding different ingredients, the key is to keep the ratios 1 pound of meat, 1 can of beans, 1 can of diced tomatoes. If it’s too thick, just add a small can of tomato sauce, along with a little chili powder.
To make this easy chili recipe in the crockpot, add all ingredients to the slow cooker and mix together. Then cook on low for 3 to 4 hours.
More chili recipes:
Easy Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef , cooked and drained
- 15 ounce can chili beans , undrained
- 10 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chiles (I use Rotel or Hunt's Seasoned Diced Tomatoes in Sauce for Chili)
Optional toppings: cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips, cilantro, green onions
- Mix the meat, beans and tomatoes together in large pot. Bring it to a boil over medium heat and then bring heat to medium low and allow to simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy with your favorite toppings such as cheese and sour cream.
- For a little heat, use medium Rotel. For mild, use plain diced tomatoes or mild Rotel. If you'd like even more heat, add in a little chili powder or hot sauce.
- You could also combine in a crock pot and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- When adding other ingredients, the key is to keep the ratios 1 pound of meat, 1 can of beans, 1 can of diced tomatoes. If it's too thick, just add a small can of tomato sauce, along with a little chili powder.
Originally written by Kristin from Yellow Bliss Road for I Heart Naptime.