The easiest 3-ingredient chili recipe that’s made in 30 minutes or less! Thick, hearty and filled with flavor. This is the perfect easy soup recipe for fall!
Table of Contents
The Best Homemade Chili
When it comes to easy soup recipes, this quick chili recipe is at the top of my list. Some of my other favorites are taco soup, lasagna soup, crockpot chicken enchilada soup and hearty vegetable soup.
This easy to make, delicious to eat, easy 3-ingredient chili recipe has three basic ingredients that you can build upon to make your ultimate chili that’s perfect for your next football party! If you have a little more time to let your chili simmer, this Wendy’s chili recipe is a winner, too.
All that you need to make it is a pound of cooked and drained ground beef, a can of chili beans (undrained) and a can of chili ready diced tomatoes. Mix the meat, beans and tomatoes together in large pot, bring it to a boil and then simmer for about 30 minutes.
It’s as easy as that! Delicious and hearty chili that’s ready in no time. We love serving it with warm cornbread muffins or adding cornbread croutons on top. So yummy!
Only 3 Ingredients!
Find the full printable recipe with specific measurements below.
- Chili beans: Make sure to use undrained beans. The sauce helps give that soupy consistency.
- Diced tomatoes with green chiles: I like to use Rotel or Hunt’s Seasoned Diced Tomatoes in Sauce for Chili
- Ground beef: Beef gives the chili a heartier flavor, however ground turkey will work too
Ways to Modify
At this point, you have a great bowl of thick and hearty chili. It serves four to six people and has a great flavor just on it’s own. But sometimes I like to get creative, and I’ll add in some extra ingredients to make it even better. Here are a few other ideas to spice up your chili:
- Kick up the spice by adding chili powder, red pepper flakes or hot sauce.
- Use a different meat like shredded chuck roast, stew meat, diced chicken, ground turkey or diced beef sausage.
- Experiment with different beans – try adding a can of black, cannellini or kidney beans.
- Top with onions, jalapenos, sour cream, or cheese.
- Not a fan of cooked tomatoes? Blend the diced tomatoes in a blender to make tomato sauce – you still get the flavor without the chunks of cooked tomato.
How to Make Easy Chili
Simply follow the steps below to get started. Scroll down for the printable recipe.
- Mix ingredients together in pot. In a large pot, mix together the cooked beef, beans and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-heat, then reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Add favorite toppings and enjoy. Add salt and pepper to taste. Then enjoy with your favorite toppings such as shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped tortilla chips and green onions.
When adding different ingredients, the key is to keep the ratios 1 pound of meat, 1 can of beans, 1 can of diced tomatoes. If it’s too thick, just add a small can of tomato sauce, along with a little chili powder.
Absolutely! Simply add all ingredients to the slow cooker and mix together. Then cook on low for 3 to 4 hours.
The key to this recipe is that it is offers limitless possibilities of variations. You can swap out the beef for turkey, Beyond meat, stew meat, chicken, etc. Want a different bean than chili? Add in whatever kind you like with a little chili seasoning. Have fun making this your own!
Looking for more chili recipes? You might also love this easy slow cooker turkey chili!
More Chili Recipes
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the newest recipes!
- 1 pound ground beef , cooked and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can chili beans , undrained
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chiles , I use Rotel or Hunt's Seasoned Diced Tomatoes in Sauce for Chili
- Kosher salt , to taste
- Ground black pepper , to taste
Optional toppings: Cheese, Sour cream, Tortilla chips, Cilantro, Green onions
- In a large pot, mix the meat, beans, and tomatoes together. Bring to a boil over medium heat and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer about 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Enjoy with your favorite toppings, such as cheese and sour cream.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
Originally written by Kristin from Yellow Bliss Road for I Heart Naptime.
I used this recipe last year for the first time and it is now our go to chili recipe. My whole family loves it & it’s so easy! Thank you for the yummy recipes you share 😃
That makes us so happy to hear, Ashley! Glad it is a hit with your family :)
Very nice recipe. I definitely love this website. Keep writing!
Thank you! Happy to hear you enjoy our website, Clint.
I’m not supposed to have much tomato so I make my chilli with Ranch Style Beans, onions and beef. I may have to add a little water.