Slow cooker chicken enchilada soup. Creamy, warm and delicious! This recipe has become my new favorite soup! Yes, it even contends with my famous taco soup recipe. Seriously, it is that good!
My taco soup is actually what inspired this recipe. The best part about this soup is that it is super easy to make! Put all of the ingredients in the crock pot and let it simmer all day long. You may be tempted to sneak some bites, because your house will smell amazing! The UPS man stopped by when it was cooking and said “that smells SO good!” I told him it wasn’t quite done, or I’d send him with a bowl! ;)
This chicken enchilada soup is perfect for a cold winter day. Top it with fresh tortillas or tortilla strips, sour cream and cheese. Mix it all together and enjoy my new favorite soup!
Slow cooker chicken enchilada soup
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 15 ounce can chicken broth
- 10 ounce can red enchilada sauce , or el pato sauce
- 8 ounces can condensed cream of chicken soup , or 8 ounces cream cheese
- 30 ounce can black beans ,rinsed and drained
- 10 ounce can rotel tomatoes and green chiles
- 15 ounce can corn ,drained
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- S&P to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese , more if desired
For serving: cut tortilla strips, tortilla chips, shredded cheese, sour cream, cilantro
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the El Pato sauce, chicken broth, condensed cream of chicken soup, cumin and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Place chicken in a 5 qt crockpot. Pour the chicken broth and enchilada sauce over the chicken. Next add the cream of chicken soup, black beans, tomatoes, corn, onion, and bell peppers to the crock pot. Add the seasonings to the top.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 5-7 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred or cut into bite sized pieces. Place the chicken back in the soup. Add the shredded cheese. If adding cream cheese, add now and cook on low for 30 minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowl. Add tortilla strips or crushed tortilla chips. Top with extra cheese, sour cream and cilantro if desired.
Seriously, save this recipe! It’s a keeper!
Looking for more soup recipes? You’ll love these too: