This ONE POT cheesy enchilada pasta recipe is so simple and completely delicious. It’s done in 30 minutes from start to finish and is a family favorite!
Table of Contents
Easy Mexican Enchilada Pasta
This pasta is the perfect meal to make on busy weeknights, when you need something quick. It uses ingredients you probably already have in the pantry and is made using only ONE pot, just like my burrito bowls. Less dishes are always a good thing, right?!
My husband and I absolutely LOVE enchiladas. That was the first dish I made as a married couple and I’ve made them hundreds of time since. While my kids are still not so sure about them, they absolutely loved this enchilada pasta. My daughter even asked for seconds the last time I made it. I was shocked! That may have been a parenting win. I’ll take one wherever I can get it ;)
The best part about this recipe is that everything is made in ONE pot! No precooking the noodles or dirtying up any other dishes. Plus it’s ready in just 30 minutes, which makes it a great option when you want to get something on the table quick. My family loved this meal and I’m confident yours will too!
How to Make Enchilada Pasta
- Brown the meat. Add the beef to your skillet and cook on medium until it has browned. Then stir in the onions, chiles and taco seasoning and cook for 3 minutes. I also added in some chopped tomatoes, but this is totally optional. We like them, so I added extra!
- Add sauce and noodles. Stir in the red enchilada sauce and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add in the noodles and turn heat to low. Stir and then cover with a lid.
- Cook the pasta. Cook until the noodles are tender, about 10-12 minutes. I always make sure to give it a stir at the 5-6 minute mark, so the noodles don’t stick to the bottom of the skillet.
- Add sour cream and cheese. Once the noodles are tender, remove the skillet from the heat. Stir in the sour cream and about 1/2 cup shredded cheese. Then sprinkle the remaining cheese evenly over the top and cover with the lid until it has melted.
Just look at all that cheesy goodness. YUM!
This enchilada pasta is great loaded up with toppings as well. Our favorites are sliced avocado and tomatoes. I love the flavor addition of cilantro too!
- Sliced avocado
- Sour cream
- Green onions
- Black olives
5 star review
“My family loved this dish! Perfect meal for a busy weeknight. Even my pickiest of eaters enjoyed! Yum!!”– Amanda
More Easy Mexican Dishes
One Pot Enchilada Pasta Recipe
- 1 pound lean hamburger
- ½ onion , chopped
- 1 Tablespoon taco seasoning
- 4.5 ounce can chopped green chiles
- 10 ounce can red enchilada sauce
- 14.5 ounce can chicken broth
- ½ pound ziti noodles , about 2 cups
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar or jack cheese
Optional toppings: tomatoes, avocados, sour cream, cilantro, olives, green onions
- Cook the hamburger in a large skillet over medium heat until browned. Stir in the onions, green chiles and taco seasoning and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in enchilada sauce and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Then stir in the noodles and bring the heat to low. Stir and then cover. Cook for 10-12 minutes, or until the noodles are cooked. Stir halfway through to prevent the noodles from sticking.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and 1/2 cup cheese. Then sprinkle the remaining cup of cheese on top and cover with the lid until melted. Top with your favorite toppings.
- Can sub ground turkey for hamburger meat.
- Other types of noodles will work too (rotini, macaroni, penne etc.), however the cooking time may vary. Remove from heat when the noodles are tender.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!