Beef enchiladas recipe -loaded with a delicious cheesy meat filling. They are easy, cheesy and delicious! A dish your whole family will love.
One of my all time favorite Mexican dishes is enchiladas. They are so easy to make, freeze well and are the perfect weeknight meal. We love serving them with a big salad, chips and salsa. I’ve shared my favorite green chile enchiladas and creamy chicken enchiladas, so today I thought I’d share a beef enchilada which are just as yummy! These beef enchiladas come together quickly and are perfect for busy week nights.
My kids like theirs plain, but I like topping mine with cilantro and sour cream. It just adds to the deliciousness!
These are definitely a new favorite and we’ll be making them again. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion , chopped fine
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper , chopped
- 4.5 ounces chopped green chiles
- 1 teaspoon cumin , more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt , more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 28 ounces Red enchilada sauce
- 8 Flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
Optional toppings: chopped cilantro, sliced olives, sliced green onions, sour cream
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- In a large frying pan, brown the ground beef over medium-high heat. Add in the onions, red bell peppers, green chiles, salt, cumin and pepper. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until the onions are translucent.
- Place half of the enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 pan. Then place about 1/3 cup meat mixture into the center of your tortilla. Mix the 2 cheese cheese together and then top with. cheese and roll up.
- Place the open edge down inside the pan. Repeat with all 8 enchiladas. Top with remaining enchilada sauce and cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Top with olives if desired and place back in the oven to bake for an additional 15-20 minutes without the foil.
- Once cheese is nice and bubbly hot, remove pan from oven and top with fresh cilantro and sour cream if desired. Serve and enjoy!