Beef enchiladas recipe -loaded with a delicious cheesy meat filling. They are easy, cheesy and delicious! A dish your whole family will love.
One of my all time favorite Mexican dishes is enchiladas. They are so easy to make, freeze well and are the perfect weeknight meal. We love serving them with a big salad, chips and salsa. I’ve shared my favorite green chile enchiladas and creamy chicken enchiladas, so today I thought I’d share a beef enchilada which are just as yummy! These beef enchiladas come together quickly and are perfect for busy week nights.
My kids like theirs plain, but I like topping mine with cilantro and sour cream. It just adds to the deliciousness!
These are definitely a new favorite and we’ll be making them again. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion chopped fine
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 4.5 ounces 4.5 oz can Old El Paso chopped green chiles
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 28 ounces 28 oz can Old El Paso Enchilada Sauce -Mild Red
- 1 package Old El Paso Flour Tortillas 8-count for Burritos
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 4.5 ounces 4.5 oz can sliced olives, optional
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro optional
- Sour cream optional
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- In a large frying pan, brown the ground beef over medium-high heat. Add in the onions, red bell peppers, green chiles, salt, cumin and pepper. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until the onions are translucent.
- Place half of the enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 pan. Then place about 1/3 cup meat mixture into the center of your tortilla. Top with cheddar cheese and then roll up. Place the open edge down inside the pan. Repeat with all 8 enchiladas. Top with remaining enchilada sauce and pepper jack cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove pan from oven. Top with olives if desired and place back in the oven to bake for an additional 15-20 minutes without the foil.
- Once cheese is nice and bubbly hot, remove pan from oven and top with fresh cilantro and sour cream. Serve and enjoy!