Make your own cinnamon sugar to sprinkle on bread, desserts, breakfast recipes and more. Such an easy recipe that will keep in your pantry for up to a year!
I’m a fan of anything with cinnamon. It adds the best flavor to any recipe, whether it’s homemade cinnamon rolls for breakfast or churro cupcakes for dessert. Having this mix on hand makes it so easy to add a boost of flavor to your favorite treats!
I grew up eating cinnamon sugar on a piece of warm, buttery toast. If you’ve never tried it, the combination is to die for and tastes perfectly sweet and delicious. But there are plenty of other ways to use it too! I always have a jar in my pantry so I can easily pull it out whenever I need it. It’s so convenient to have the cinnamon and sugar already measured and mixed together. It takes less than 5 minutes to prep and will keep in your pantry for at least a year. You need this in your life!
Cinnamon sugar ratio
I prefer a 1:4 ratio. If you want to make a smaller amount, here are the ratios:
- 1 cup sugar to 1/4 cup cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar to 2 Tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar to 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons sugar to 1/2 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon sugar to 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
How to make cinnamon sugar
- Measure: Choose your preferred ratio above and measure each ingredient. Then add to a medium size bowl.
- Mix: Use a spoon to stir until the mixture is combined. There should be no streaks of brown or white.
- Store: Then pour into a jar and seal with a lid.
Storing + shelf life
This mixture can easily be stored in a sealed jar or airtight container for up to 1 year. I love to keep a jar in my spice cabinet at all times!
Favorite ways to use:
- Sprinkle on top of homemade bread with a little butter
- Cinnamon sugar pretzels
- Cinnamon chips for fruit salsa
- Candied pecans
- French toast
- Cinnamon roll pancakes
Cinnamon Sugar Recipe
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup ground cinnamon
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a medium size bowl. Stir until combined and there are no more streaks of brown or white.
- Store in a sealed jar or airtight container for at least 1 year.