Crispy sourdough bread covered in a flavorful pesto sauce and gooey melted cheese. This cheesy pesto pull-apart bread is made with only 4 ingredients in just 15 minutes!
Table of Contents
Pull Apart Cheesy Pesto Bread
I love all things pesto! It has the best flavor and tastes so fresh and delicious. This cheesy pesto bread recipe is a favorite, as well as spinach pesto pizza, grilled caprese sandwich, pesto chicken pasta salad and white chicken lasagna with pesto.
I’ll admit…I’m a bread person. There’s nothing I love more than a warm slice of bread with melted butter. Heaven sent, I tell ya!
One of our favorite Italian restaurants serves a cheesy pesto bread that is to die for! I tried to recreate this delicious recipe at home and it turned out great! My whole family loved it and couldn’t stop digging in. This easy pull apart bread is the perfect recipe for a snack or appetizer!
My favorite thing about this recipe is that’s it takes only 4 ingredients and is ready in 15 minutes. It may look super fancy, but absolutely no slaving away in the kitchen. It doesn’t get better than that!
Only 4 Ingredients!
- Sourdough bread
- Basil pesto or vegan pesto
- Mozzarella cheese
- Italian seasoning
How to Make Pesto Bread
- Preheat oven. Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice into squares. Slice bread vertically and then again horizontally several times so that you have one inch squares (see picture below). Make sure to not cut all the way through the loaf.
- Add pesto and cheese. Spread pesto sauce in between the sliced bread. Then combine cheese and Italian seasoning in a medium bowl and place mixture in between each square.
- Bake until bubbly. Cover with foil and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly.
Pull-Apart Bread Variations
There are SO many yummy combinations! It’s literally fail-proof and so versatile – just add in your favorite sauces and toppings and enjoy!
Below are a few delicious variations to try:
- Pizza: French bread, butter, garlic powder, marinara sauce, pepperoni and mozzarella
- Buffalo chicken: Sourdough, buffalo sauce, cream cheese, chicken, pepper jack
- BBQ chicken: Sourdough, BBQ sauce, chicken, red onion and mozzarella
- Bacon ranch: Sourdough, butter, ranch seasoning, bacon, cheddar cheese
- Ham and cheese: Sourdough, poppy seed sauce, ham, swiss cheese
- Spinach Artichoke: Sourdough, butter, garlic, spinach artichoke cheese mixture
Looking for a sweet version? Check out my delicious caramel apple monkey pull-apart bread or apple pull-apart bread with caramel icing!
More Delicious Bread Recipes
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the newest recipes!
Pull-Apart Pesto Bread
- 1 loaf sourdough bread
- 1/2-3/4 cup basil pesto
- 1-1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese (can use Italian cheese too)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Optional: Fresh basil or parsley for topping
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice bread vertically and then again horizontally several times so that you have one inch squares. Make sure to not cut all the way through the loaf.
- Spread pesto sauce in between the sliced bread.
- Combine cheese and seasoning in a medium-sized bowl. Place cheese in between each slice.
- Cover with foil and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
All that cheese … yum! This has to be the best bread ever!
Great game day food!!
I love pesto – this bread is easy to make and so good!
Oh, wow. This bread is so yummy! I love the pesto and the cheese…ooey, gooey, yummy!
I’m so glad you enjoyed it!! :)
Pesto and cheese makes everything better!
So simple & so delicious!
is the Italian season sold in an envelope packet.
Hi, just a quick question about your cheesy pesto bread. What is italian seasoning?
Hi! You can find it in the seasoning section of the grocery store!