Christmas Grinch Cookies – another version of cake mix cookies! Turn them green and add a heart to make them look like the “Grinch.”
Hey guys! I am so happy to be a part of Jamielyn’s Crazy Christmas Event today! Jamielyn always has such great recipes and ideas and I have loved her blog for a long time.
I’m Mandy from Mandy’s Recipe Box where I share simple and delicious recipes that can mostly be made with ingredients you already have on hand.
Christmas cookies are the best out there if you ask me. I love when neighbors bring goody plates around the holidays. It’s always fun to see what treats will be shared. I made these cake mix cookies with The Grinch in mind. Adding the heart is the perfect touch. Be sure to try them out. They are soft and chewy with that cake flavor everyone loves. Share them with your favorite people!
The Grinch Cake Mix Cookies
- 1-15.25 oz box vanilla cake mix dry
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp oil
- green food coloring
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- red hots candies or heart sprinkles
- green decorating gel or frosting
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl place the dry cake mix, butter, eggs and oil. Mix until well combined.
- Add green food coloring until desired color of green is reached.
- Mix together the powdered sugar and cornstarch. Roll dough into balls and into powdered sugar mixture and place onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until done taking care not to let cookies brown.
- Remove from oven and let sit 2 minutes before placing on wire rack to cool completely.
- Using green decorating gel or frosting, place a dot onto each cookie and add a red hot candy.
Inspired by Katrina’s Kitchen
Stop by and check out my other recipes like these:
If you love this delicious Christmas Cookie recipe, you’ll enjoy these too!