Sweet nutella crepes filled with a chocolate hazelnut spread and sliced bananas. Only 5 minutes of prep and perfect for Sunday brunch or dessert night.
This takes my classic crepe recipe up a notch. Because anything is better with nutella, right?! The thin crepe topped with the delicious chocolate hazelnut spread and sliced bananas is a dream come true!
You can now make crepes at home with these easy recipe. Crepes are basically a very thin pancake, but better in my opinion. They may seem a bit intimidating to make yourself, but I promise it is so easy! They only take 5 minutes to prep and I’m guessing you already have most of these ingredients stocked in your pantry.
These nutella crepes are seriously delicious and sure to be a hit. The best part is the chocolate hazlenut flavor from the nutella. It adds the perfect richness and tastes great paired with the thin crepe and fresh bananas or berries. These crepes make the perfect addition to Sunday brunch or for a fun dessert night.
How to make nutella crepes
BLEND. Add all ingredients (except nutella) into the blender. Blend for about 15 to 20 seconds, or until the batter is smooth. Let chill in fridge for at least 30 minutes, or overnight.
COOK. Pour 1/4 cup batter into a greased 8-inch frying pan and cook over medium-low heat. Immediately turn the pan from side to side to form an even circle. Cook each side for about 1 to 2 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from pan and stack until serving.
SERVE. Spread nutella on half of the crepe, then add sliced bananas on top. Fold the other half of the crepe over the bananas. Enjoy!
Tip: I like to make my crepes in an 8-inch non-stick frying pan, but you could certainly get fancy and use a crepe pan.
We love to serve these with banana or fresh berries and a little powdered sugar and whipped cream on top. The best part about this recipe is the nutella which is a hazelnut chocolate spread. It is rich, chocolaty and full of hazelnut flavor.
Serve with any of the following:
- Sliced bananas or fresh berries
- Powdered sugar
- Whipped cream
Making ahead of time
One thing I love about these crepes is they can easily be made ahead of time. Usually I will make the batter the night before and let it sit overnight. Just give it a quick stir beforehand.
You can also stack the leftover crepes and refrigerate them for up to 3 days. If you’re worried about them sticking, you can place a piece of wax paper in between the crepes, but I never do. When I’m ready to reheat them, I’ll just reheat quickly on the pan or in the microwave.
More sweet breakfast ideas:
Nutella Crepe Recipe
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons butter , melted
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour , sifted
- 1/2 cup nutella
For serving: Sliced bananas or fresh berries, powdered sugar, whipped cream
- Combine all of the ingredients (except the nutella) in a blender. Mix until the batter is smooth, about 15 to 20 seconds. Chill the batter in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or overnight.
- Spray an 8-inch frying pan (or crepe pan) with non-stick spray. Turn the heat to medium- low, then pour 1/4 cup batter into the pan. Immediately turn the pan from side to side to form an even circle. Cook each side for about 1 to 2 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from heat and stack until serving.
- Spread with nutella and add sliced bananas or berries if desired.
- To keep warm, place the crepes on a baking sheet in the oven at 175°F.
- Leftover crepes can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. Simply stack the crepes and store in a zip top bag. You can place a piece of wax paper in between each crepe to prevent sticking (however I never do).
- Reheat in the microwave or on the skillet until warm.