These chocolate crepes are made in the blender and ready in just 10 minutes! Easy, delicious and the perfect way to satisfy your chocolate cravings.
Table of Contents
Perfect Chocolate Crepes
This recipe is a fun spin on my famous blender crepes. The ingredients are mostly the same, however I added cocoa powder to give them that nice chocolaty taste. The end result did not disappoint! They are so delicious and definitely satisfy the sweet tooth.
Crepes are one of my all-time favorite breakfasts. We make them all the time on the weekends and love to create fun variations like these easy chocolate crepes. The best part about this recipe is that the batter is made in the blender! It’s the perfect crepe recipe for beginners. These are so easy to whip up and will be a treat your whole family will love. Enjoy them for a decadent breakfast, snack or dessert. And of course, pile on all your favorite toppings!
Best Pan for Crepes
Crepes may seem intimidating to make, but I promise they’re not! One of the main keys to making the perfect crepes is the pan that you use. You’ll want to make sure your frying pan is nonstick and is about 8-inches. The batter will fill all the way to the edges of the pan, making the perfect circular size.
I usually use a rubber spatula to flip them, but you could try using one of these fancy crepe turners from Amazon as well. :)
How to make Chocolate Crepes
Scroll down for the printable recipe.
- BLEND. Combine ingredients in a blender and pulse until batter is smooth (about 15-20 seconds).
- COOK. Spray non-stick cooking spray onto a 8-inch frying pan. Pour 1/4 cup batter into pan and cook over medium-low heat. Turn pan immediately from side to side to form an even circle. Cook for about 1-2 minutes per side, or until lightly browned.
- SERVE. Remove from heat and stack until ready to serve. Add on toppings and enjoy!
I like to fold my chocolate crepes over into triangle shapes and then stack them together on the plate. Then I add on my favorite toppings like fresh berries and whipped cream. You could also fill the center of each crepe with the toppings and roll them up like a burrito.
- powdered sugar
- fresh berries or bananas
- cream cheese crepe filling
- whipped cream
- hot fudge
- chocolate chips
- chopped nuts
- caramelized bananas
- strawberry sauce
- peanut butter
- maple syrup
- caramel sauce
- toasted coconut
Tips for the Best Results
- Use a nonstick pan. The type of pan you use makes all the difference. Make sure you’re using a nonstick pan and don’t forget to spray it with nonstick spray each time before adding the batter. You’ll be able to flip them perfectly without any sticking.
- Make sure batter is smooth. Because the crepes are so thin, you want the batter to be completely smooth. Blend it together on high for about 15 to 20 seconds. If you can still see a few lumps, blend for another 5 to 10 seconds until smooth.
- Chill the batter. I highly recommend chilling the crepe batter for at least 15 to 30 minutes (or even overnight). This helps the liquid absorb into the flour and relaxes the gluten, resulting in a better consistency.
Storing and Freezing
If there are any leftovers, add them to a zip top bag and layer parchment or wax paper in between (so that they don’t stick together). Then place the crepes in the fridge until ready to serve. They also freeze really well, so you could easily double the batch and stick half in the freezer. They’ll last in the freezer for a couple of months. Then simply reheat in the microwave or in a skillet until warm.
More Crepe Variations to try
Optional toppings: whipped cream, nutella, jam, fresh berries, bananas, nuts
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender. Mix until batter is smooth (about 15-20 seconds). Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Spray non-stick cooking spray onto an 8-inch frying pan. Pour about 1/4 cup batter into the pan and cook over medium-low heat. Turn pan immediately from side to side to form an even circle. Cook for about 1-2 minutes per side, or until lightly browned.
- Remove from heat and stack until ready to serve. Serve with your favorite toppings.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!