Chocolate Crepes – Made in the blender and ready in just 10 minutes! Easy, delicious and the perfect way to satisfy your chocolate cravings.
Crepes are one of my all-time favorite breakfasts. We make them all the time on the weekends and love to create fun variations like these easy chocolate crepes. Then of course we pile on the toppings and dig in! Some of my other favorite breakfast recipes are buttermilk pancakes, blueberry pancakes, omelettes, french toast and waffles.
If you haven’t tried my famous blender crepes, you need to make them ASAP! They are so easy and taste absolutely delicious. It’s the perfect crepe recipe for beginners!
And these chocolate crepes are a fun variation on my classic crepes. The ingredients are mostly the same, however I added cocoa powder to give them that nice chocolate taste. The end result did not disappoint!
The best part about this chocolate crepe recipe is that the crepe batter is made in the blender! These are so easy to whip up and will be a treat your whole family will love. Enjoy these chocolate crepes for a decadent breakfast, snack or dessert.
Best pan for crepes
Crepes may seem intimidating to make, but I promise they’re not! One of the main keys to making the perfect crepes is the pan that you use. You’ll want to make sure your frying pan is nonstick and is about 8-inches. The crepe batter will fill all the way to the edges of the pan, making the perfect circular crepe size.
I love this IKEA frying pan and use it all the time for my crepes, omelettes, pancakes and more. It’s even cheaper in store and nothing ever gets stuck to the bottom. I usually use a rubber spatula to flip my crepes, but you could try using one of these fancy crepe turners as well. :)
How to make chocolate crepes
Scroll down for the printable chocolate crepe recipe.
- Blend ingredients together in blender. Combine ingredients in a blender and pulse until batter is smooth (about 15-20 seconds).
- Pour batter into frying pan and cook. Spray non-stick cooking spray onto a 8-inch frying pan. Pour 1/4 cup batter into pan and cook over medium-low heat. Turn pan immediately from side to side to form an even circle. Cook for about 1-2 minutes per side, or until lightly browned.
- Stack and serve. Remove from heat and stack until ready to serve. Add on toppings and enjoy!
I like to fold my chocolate crepes over into triangle shapes and then stack them together on the plate. Then I add on my favorite toppings like fresh berries and whipped cream. You could also fill the center of each crepe with the toppings and roll them up like a burrito.
- Powdered sugar
- Fresh berries or bananas
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate sauce
- Chocolate chips
- Chopped nuts
- Peanut butter
- Caramel sauce
Can you save leftovers?
Yes, crepes heat up so nicely the next day! If there are any leftover chocolate crepes, add them to a zip top bag and layer parchment or wax paper in between (so that they don’t stick together). Then place the crepes in the fridge until ready to serve.
The crepes also freeze really well, so you could easily double the batch and stick half in the freezer. They’ll last in the freezer for a couple of months.
More breakfast favorites:
Chocolate Crepe Recipe
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons butter , melted
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour , sifted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
Optional toppings: whipped cream, nutella, jam, fresh berries, bananas, nuts
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender. Mix until batter is smooth (about 15-20 seconds).
- Spray non-stick cooking spray onto a 8 inch frying pan. Pour about 1/4 cup batter into the pan and cook over medium-low heat. Turn pan immediately from side to side to form an even circle. Cook for about 1-2 minutes per side, or until lightly browned.
- Remove from heat and stack until ready to serve. Serve with your favorite toppings.
And now I’m craving these chocolate crepes! Mmm…