Chocolate crepes – easy, delicious and the perfect way to satisfy your chocolate cravings.
Enjoy these chocolate crepes for a decadent breakfast, snack or dessert. These are so easy to whip up and will be a treat your whole family will love. The best thing about them… they are only 150 calories!
These chocolate crepes come from the new cookbook “400 Calories or Less with Our Best Bites” by Sara Wells and Kate Jones. I was super excited to receive this book in the mail to review and can’t wait to try more recipes from the book. They all look amazing. Those girls sure know how to whip up some delicious recipes and their photos are beautiful!
More about the book: 400 Calories or Less with Our Best Bites includes tasty snacks, mouthwatering entrees and delicious desserts. Each recipe is packed with big, bold flavors–and complete with nutritional information including fat content, carbs and sugar and salt intake. The cookbook also features vegetarian and gluten-free choices and tips for stocking a healthy pantry from ordinary grocery store options plus advice for making thebest choices at the salad bar.
Recipe adapted from Our Best Bites
And now I’m craving these chocolate crepes! Mmm…
Looking for more yummy breakfast ideas? You’ll love these too:
Easy chocolate crepes
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- Optional toppings: bananas strawberries, caramel sauce, nutella, whipped cream, powdered sugar
- Combine the milk, oil, egg, vanilla, sugar, flour, cocoa powder and salt in a blender. Blend on high, until smooth.
- Heat an 8-inch nonstick skillet to medium heat. Lightly spray with cooking spray. Pour 2 to 3 tablespoons of the batter while rotating the pan so it distributes evenly. Cook for about 30 seconds to 1 minute (or until the edges have began to crisp) and then flip. Cook for an additional 15-20 seconds and then transfer to a plate. Cook remaining crepes.
- Add your favorite toppings to the center of the crepe and then roll up. Add more toppings if desired and enjoy!