Delicious apple crepes filled with cinnamon sugar apples that are caramelized to perfection. These make a great breakfast or dessert to enjoy during the fall season.
Table of Contents
Crepes Filled With Caramelized Apples
These apple crepes are made with my favorite crepe recipe and then stuffed with a delicious apple filling. I mean how can you go wrong with crepes, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and apples. It’s the perfect combo in my opinion!
These apple crepes are the perfect breakfast or dessert in the fall, when apples are abundant. They’re filled with caramelized cinnamon sugar apples that are super tender and delicious. If you really want to take your filling up a notch, you could also spread on some of this cream cheese crepe filling before adding the apples to the center or top with whipped cream.
Find the full printable recipe with specific measurements below.
- Milk: This makes the crepe batter the right consistency.
- Eggs: A necessary binder and makes the batter lighter.
- Butter: By melting the butter first, it keeps the batter smooth and incorporates everything better.
- Sugar: The perfect amount of sweetness so the crepes could be eaten without anything at at all.
- Vanilla: Just the right amount of flavoring that pairs perfectly with the apple filling.
- Salt: Just a little bit helps elevate the batter and enhance the flavors.
- Flour: All-purpose provides the gluten that helps the crepes hold their structure.
- Apples: I like granny smith apples for the filling because they are tart and sweet.
- Brown sugar: This gives the sweetness a little added depth and works beautifully with the cinnamon.
- Cinnamon: The ideal spice for this apple filling.
How To Make Apple Crepes
- Make the crepes. To make the batter, simply blend the ingredients together until smooth. Then chill the batter in the refrigerator for at least 15 to 30 minutes, or overnight. Pour 1/4 cup of the batter in a non-stick frying pan and cook over medium-low heat. Turn the pan from side to side to form an even circle. Cook about 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned.
- Make the filling. Place the butter in a large skillet and melt over medium-low heat. While it melts, mix the apples, brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl until coated. Then add the mixture to the skillet and cook over low heat until tender, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve. Fill the crepes with the apple filling and roll up like a burrito. Top with more apples, whipped cream, and cinnamon to serve.
There are a few different ways you can serve these crepes. I like to spread on the filling, then roll them up like a burrito. You can also fold them in half or into triangles, with the filling inside or on top. Below are a few more topping ideas when serving.
- Type of apple: Granny smith apples are my favorite type to use for the filling. They’re nice and crisp, with a sweet and tart flavor.
- Make it easy: To use less ingredients, try making my crepes with pancake mix. All you need is your favorite box mix (or homemade pancake mix), milk, eggs, vanilla and salt!
- Keeping warm: If you’re making a big batch of crepes for a crowd, you can easily keep them warm by placing them on a baking sheet in the oven at 175°F until serving. The low heat keeps them warm without drying them out.
- Leftover apple pie filling: You could also use that in place of the filling below. Both are delicious!
“LOVE HOW EASY THIS RECIPE IS. IT’S PERFECT FOR OUR FAMILY! 5 STAR REVIEW”-Shadi
It’s important to refrigerate the crepe batter so that the gluten can relax and the liquid absorbs into the flour. Make sure to chill for at least 15 to 30 minutes. I’ll often whip up the batter the day before because you can literally make it in the blender in just 20 seconds. So easy and quick!
Absolutely! Place crepes, layered with parchment or wax paper in-between each, in a zip-top bag. Keep them in the freezer up to 2 months. Simply heat in a skillet or a microwave whenever you need a quick dessert.
The apple filling will create the caramel flavors, however if you want more of a true caramel flavor you can make this caramel sauce (or buy some from the store) to drizzle over the top.
Storage and Freezing Tips
- Leftovers: Add the leftover crepes to a zip top bag and layer parchment or wax paper in between each crepe. Store the apple filling separately. Place in fridge until ready to enjoy.
- To freeze: Crepes are surprisingly easy to freeze, so feel free to double the batch and stick half in the freezer for about 1-3 months.
- Reheating: You can easily reheat in microwave or skillet until warm. You can also enjoy cold if you prefer them that way!
More Crepe Recipes to Try
- 2 cups milk
- 4 large eggs
- 3 Tablespoons butter , melted
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour , sifted
- 4 granny smith apples (cored, peeled and diced)
- 4 Tablespoons salted butter
- ¼ cup light brown sugar , packed
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
For serving (optional): Crepe filling, Yogurt, Whipped cream, Ground cinnamon, Powdered sugar
- In a blender, blend milk, eggs, melted butter, sugar, vanilla, salt, and flour 15 to 20 seconds, or until batter is smooth. Chill 15 to 30 minutes, or overnight.
- Spray nonstick cooking spray onto an 8-inch frying pan. Pour about 1/4 cup batter into the pan and cook over medium-low heat. Turn pan immediately from side to side to form an even circle. Cook for about 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until lightly browned. Remove from heat and place on a baking sheet in the oven at 175°F until ready to serve.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. In a medium bowl, combine the diced apples, brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir until coated. Then add to the skillet. Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, or until fork tender.
- On a flat crepe, spoon apple filling in the center and roll up the sides of the crepe. Top with additional apples, whipped cream, and cinnamon, if desired.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!