Learn how to make savory crepes in the blender in a matter of minutes! Then add your favorite fillings like scrambled eggs, bacon, cheese and more.
Crepes are one of my favorite things to enjoy for breakfast or dessert. I love that you can make them sweet or savory depending on what you’re craving. We love to make these savory breakfast crepes, as well as strawberry crepes, apple crepes and chocolate crepes.
These savory crepes are adapted from my favorite crepe recipe. I just left out the sugar and vanilla and added a pinch more salt to make them more savory. They taste similar to a breakfast burrito, but with crepes instead of a tortilla.
What I love about this recipe is that it’s fool proof and delicious! Simply whip up the batter in the blender in a matter of minutes. Plus they taste great any time of day and are perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Sometimes when I’m going all out (birthdays, etc), I’ll make a crepe bar and have both savory and sweet crepe fillings. Everyone always loves it and has so much fun filling their own crepes. Perfect for a crowd!
How to make savory breakfast crepes
- Blend batter together. Add all crepe ingredients in a blender and mix until batter is smooth, about 15-20 seconds. Then refrigerate the batter for at least 30 minutes, or overnight.
- Scramble the eggs for crepe filling. Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat and grease with cooking spray. Whisk together the 8 large eggs with 2 Tablespoons of water. Then pour into skillet and begin to scramble the eggs by pulling the cooked outer edges to the center of the pan with a spatula. Once they are 95% done, turn the heat off. S&P to taste. Then prepare other toppings.
- Cook crepes in skillet. Spray non-stick cooking spray onto an 8-inch frying pan. Then pour about 1/4 cup batter into the skillet and cook over medium-low heat. Immediately turn pan from side to side to form an even circle (photo above).
- Cook until lightly browned, about 1-2 minutes per side. Remove from heat and stack until ready to serve.
- Fill crepes and serve. Fill with scrambled eggs, cheese and bacon. Then roll up into a burrito shape. Add your favorite toppings and serve!
Savory crepe fillings
If you’re wondering what to put inside savory crepes, below are a few delicious options. My favorite combination is scrambled eggs, bacon, cheese and green onions. Sometimes I’ll also add in veggies like bell peppers, mushrooms or spinach. You could even mix them into the scrambled eggs while you’re cooking those in the skillet.
- Scrambled eggs
- Shredded cheese
- Green onions
- Bell peppers
- Sour cream
Looking for a sweet crepe filling? Check out this delicious cream cheese filling that tastes amazing with fresh, juicy berries.
More breakfast ideas:
- Ham and Cheese Crepes
- Breakfast Skillet
- The Perfect Omelette
- Breakfast Casserole
- Ham and Cheese Quiche
- 2 cups milk
- 4 large eggs
- 3 Tablespoons butter , melted
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour , sifted
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup bacon crumbles
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
Optional fillings and toppings: green onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach, bell peppers, sour cream, salsa
- In a blender, combine all of the crepe ingredients and mix until batter is smooth (about 15-20 seconds). Refrigerate batter for 30 minutes, or overnight.
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat. Grease with cooking spray. Whisk the eggs with 2 Tablespoons of water. Then pour into skillet. Begin to pull the cooked outer edge to the center with a spatula to begin scrambling the eggs. Turn off the heat once they are 95% done. Then S&P to taste. Then prepare other toppings.
- Spray non-stick cooking spray onto an 8-inch frying pan. Pour about 1/4 cup batter into the pan and cook over medium-low heat. Turn pan immediately from side to side to form an even circle. Cook for about 1-2 minutes per side, or until lightly browned. Remove from heat and stack until ready to serve.
- Fill crepes with eggs, cheese and bacon. Then roll up. Add your favorite toppings and serve!