Crepes with pancake mix result in the same delicious crepes we know and love in a fraction of the time. With a homemade or store-bought mix and a blender, you’ll have delicious crepes ready in minutes!
Easy Crepe Recipe with Pancake Mix
If you’re looking for an easier than my easy crepe recipe, this is it! I do love making it from scratch when I can, but this easy peasy shortcut is definitely worth noting for those super busy mornings, or just because you like the convenience.
Using a premade pancake mix means you can make these crepe pancakes in minutes. The batter can be made in advance and kept for later because unlike pancakes, we’re not concerned with keeping the batter nice and fluffy. Instead, they’re soft, pliable, and delicious ready to be filled or topped with your favorite syrups, sauces, and creams!
How to Make Crepes with Pancake Mix
- Using a blender, or a bowl, mix all of the ingredients until the mixture is smooth.
- Spray an 8″ nonstick pan with cooking spray.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the pan (or crepe pan if you have one), give it a swirl to coat the entire bottom surface of the pan.
- Cook on medium-low heat for about a minute. Flip with a thin spatula and cook for another minute.
- Transfer to a plate, and continue with the remaining batter. Stack on the plate as you go.
Once your batter is mixed, either use it immediately or keep it in the fridge up to 12 hours ahead until you’re ready to use it. You can also cook the crepes up to 3 days ahead and keep them stored until you’re ready to eat them!
Favorite Toppings and Fillings
- Cream cheese crepe filling
- Maple syrup
- Lemon curd
- Buttermilk syrup
- Cinnamon pancake syrup
- Caramelized bananas
- Strawberry sauce or blueberry sauce
- Whipped cream
- Caramel sauce
- Orange butter
- Powdered sugar
- Hot fudge
- Nut butters such as peanut butter or almond butter
- Scrambled eggs
- Shredded cheese
Top 3 Tips When Making Crepes
- Creating a nonstick surface on your pan is extremely important for easy flipping and keeping the crepes intact. Cooking spray or melted butter both work well.
- I use my homemade pancake mix when I have some ready, but otherwise, I use Krusteaz from Costco. A box of Aunt Jemima is great too.
- Using a thin spatula will help you get under the thin crepes without ripping them.
Storing & Reheating
To store: Layer each crepe with parchment paper and then transfer the stack to a Ziploc bag or airtight container. Keep in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To reheat: Heat in the microwave or on a skillet over low heat until warmed through. You can also use the oven at 175 degrees for 5 minutes.
Other Types of Crepes:
Crepes with Pancake Mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk , I use 2%
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch fine sea salt
- 1 cup pancake mix , I used Krusteaz
For serving: Berries, jam, powdered sugar, whipped cream
- In a blender or bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Whisk or mix until batter is smooth and lump free. Refrigerate batter until ready to make.
- Spray non-stick cooking spray onto an 8-inch frying pan. Pour about 1/4 cup batter into the pan and cook over medium-low heat. Turn pan immediately from side to side to form an even circle. Cook for about 1 minute per side, or until lightly browned. Remove from heat and stack until ready to serve.
- Serve with your favorite toppings. Fresh fruit, jams, pudding, nutella, whipped topping and nuts are a few of our favorites.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!