These pumpkin blondies are everything I love about fall. The pumpkin chocolate chip bars are thick, chewy, and soft all at the same time. They have the perfect hint of pumpkin spice and chocolate in every bite!
This pumpkin blondie recipe might be my favorite fall dessert. They are so delicious and super simple to make. I also love pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting, pumpkin cake, pumpkin spice cupcakes and cream cheese filled pumpkin bread.
Pumpkin chocolate chip bars
These pumpkin blondies just might be my new favorite pumpkin recipe. If you were only going to make one more pumpkin dessert this fall, THIS would be the recipe I tell you to make. Seriously. I could NOT stop eating them. And the pumpkin dessert ingredients may already be on my shopping list so I can make them again. :)
So I know there is always the debate between pumpkin lovers and haters (I don’t understand the haters) but I think even the non-pumpkin lovers will like these pumpkin chocolate chip bars. They don’t have the typical pumpkin texture you have in a pumpkin pie, or even a pumpkin bar. It’s more in between a bread and brownies… hence the blondie! The pumpkin helps to make the pumpkin blondies super soft!
Pumpkin blondies ingredients
What I love about this pumpkin blondie recipe is that there aren’t a ton of ingredients and I already had a lot of them at home. To get started, you’re going to need the ingredients listed below.
- pumpkin spice
- baking soda
- chocolate chips
How to make pumpkin blondies
These pumpkin blondies are super easy to make! Just follow the simple steps below to get started. Scroll down for the printable pumpkin blondie recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and butter a piece of parchment paper. Place parchment paper in a 9×13″ baking dish and set aside.
- Sift together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer and then add the sugar and beat until fluffy. Then mix in the egg, pumpkin puree and vanilla. Slowly add in the flour mixture and mix until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and then pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake pumpkin blondies for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes clean. Allow pumpkin chocolate chip bars to cool for 20 minutes in pan and then remove from pan. Cut into bars and enjoy!
Quick tips for pumpkin blondie recipe
- I like to line my pans with parchment paper, so I can easily pull them out to cut the pumpkin chocolate chip bars. Plus less dishes is always a bonus!
- These pumpkin blondies taste best warm, but they will last up to 3 days!
- Soften the butter prior to beating with your electric mixer.
- You could easily turn these into pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. Just fill a 12-cup muffin tin with pumpkin blondie batter and bake.
- Make sure to let the pumpkin chocolate chip bars cool before cutting. Sometimes when you cut them when warm, they get a bit crumbly.
- For the ultimate treat when serving, drizzle with caramel sauce and top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. SO yummy!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a piece of parchment paper and place in a 9×13″ baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer. Add the sugar and beat until fluffy. Next mix in the egg, pumpkin puree and vanilla. Slowly add in the flour mixture and mix until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and then pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake pumpkin blondies for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes clean. Allow bars to cool for 20 minutes in pan and then remove from pan. Cut into bars and enjoy!