Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Muffins – Soft pumpkin muffins sprinkled with a delicious cinnamon sugar topping. This pumpkin muffin recipe is made with cake mix and is so easy and fast. Makes the perfect fall treat!
I love all things pumpkin. These pumpkin muffins are one of the easiest fall recipes, as well as pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, pumpkin blondies, caramel frosted pumpkin cookies and pumpkin cupcakes.
Easy pumpkin muffins
Since fall has arrived, I thought it was only fair to share a pumpkin recipe with you. I can’t seem to get enough of it! These pumpkin snickerdoodle muffins are so good and super easy to make!
One of my favorite things to do when baking is to doctor up a cake mix. You guys know I’m all about saving time in the kitchen. I used a cinnamon crumb cake mix (my favorite!) and then substituted a can of pumpkin for the oil and eggs. I also added in some pumpkin spice and nutmeg to bring out all the yummy pumpkin flavor.
I think the best part about these easy pumpkin muffins might be the cinnamon crumb topping. I saved some of the cinnamon topping from the cake mix and sprinkled on top. Seriously a game changer and SO yummy!
How do you make pumpkin muffins?
These pumpkin muffins with cake mix are so easy to make and come together super quickly. To get started, follow the steps below. Scroll down for the printable pumpkin muffin recipe.
- Preheat oven. Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- Whisk dry ingredients. Whisk cake mix, pumpkin spice and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Add wet ingredients. Add in pumpkin, water, and cinnamon topping and stir until combined.
- Fill muffin pan with batter. Fill 12 cupcake liners with batter (each 3/4 full). Sprinkle 1-2 tsp of the cinnamon topping on top and press down lightly with back of a spoon.
- Bake and then cool. Bake for 25 minutes or until a tooth pick comes clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for 2 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
I didn’t end up using all of the cinnamon sugar topping, but you can add as much as you’d like! The more the better! :)
How long do you cook mini pumpkin muffins?
You can easily make this pumpkin muffin recipe into mini pumpkin muffins as well! Just follow the same instructions, however fill 24 mini cupcake liners with batter. The bake at 350° for about 15-20 minutes.
How to store pumpkin muffins
To store pumpkin muffins, you’ll need an airtight container or zip top bag. I like to line the container/bag with a paper towel, then put the muffins over top. Repeat this for each layer of pumpkin muffins. You can store at room temperature for 1-2 days or in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Pumpkin Muffin Recipe
- 21 ounces cinnamon crumb cake mix (1 package)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree (1 can)
- 1/8 cup water
- 1/4 cup cinnamon topping (from cake mix)
*Save remaining cinnamon topping to use on the top muffins*
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- Whisk cake mix, pumpkin spice and nutmeg in a large bowl. Add in pumpkin, water, and cinnamon topping and stir until combined.
- Fill 12 cupcake liners 3/4 the way full with batter. Sprinkle 1-2 tsp of the cinnamon topping on top and press down lightly with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a tooth pick comes clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for 2 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.