Soft pumpkin snickerdoodle muffins sprinkled with a delicious cinnamon sugar topping. This recipe is made with cake mix and is so easy and fast. Makes the perfect fall treat!
Since fall has arrived, I thought it was only fair to share a pumpkin recipe with you. I can’t seem to get enough of it! These pumpkin snickerdoodle muffins are so good and super easy to make!
One of my favorite things to do when baking is to doctor up a cake mix. You guys know I’m all about saving time in the kitchen. I used a cinnamon crumb cake mix (my favorite!) and then substituted a can of pumpkin for the oil and eggs. I also added in some pumpkin spice and nutmeg to bring out all the yummy pumpkin flavor.
I think the best part about these easy muffins might be the cinnamon crumble topping. I saved some of the cinnamon topping from the cake mix and sprinkled on top. Seriously a game changer and SO yummy!
How do you make pumpkin muffins?
Scroll down for the printable recipe.
- Preheat oven. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk dry ingredients. Whisk cake mix, pumpkin spice and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Add wet ingredients. Add in pumpkin, water, and cinnamon topping and stir until combined.
- Fill muffin pan with batter. Fill 12 cupcake liners with batter (each 3/4 full). Sprinkle 1-2 tsp of the cinnamon topping on top and press down lightly with back of a spoon.
- Bake and then cool. Bake for 25 minutes or until a tooth pick comes clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for 2 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
I didn’t end up using all of the cinnamon sugar topping, but you can add as much as you’d like! The more the better! :)
If you’d rather top the pumpkin muffins with frosting, that would work too! I’d recommend a maple frosting or cream cheese frosting. Both would taste delicious!
To store, you’ll need an airtight container or zip top bag. I like to line the container/bag with a paper towel, then put the muffins over top. Repeat this for each layer. You can store at room temperature for 1-2 days or in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
How long do you cook mini pumpkin muffins?
You can easily make this recipe into mini pumpkin muffins as well! Just follow the same instructions, however fill 24 mini cupcake liners with batter. The bake at 350°F for about 15-20 minutes.
More fall desserts:
- Pumpkin streusel coffee cake
- Cream cheese pumpkin roll
- Pumpkin blondies
- Favorite pumpkin cake
- Pumpkin whoopie pies
Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Muffins
*Save remaining cinnamon topping to use on the top muffins*
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk cake mix, pumpkin spice and nutmeg in a large bowl. Add in pumpkin, water, and cinnamon topping and stir until combined.
- Fill 12 cupcake liners 3/4 the way full with batter. Sprinkle 1-2 tsp of the cinnamon topping on top and press down lightly with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a tooth pick comes clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for 2 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!