Pumpkin Streusel Coffee Cake – A pumpkin spiced cake topped with a delicious brown sugar streusel and maple glaze. Can be turned into yummy pumpkin coffee cake muffins, too. You will become obsessed with this streusel coffee cake recipe!
Baking easy pumpkin recipes is one of my favorite things to do in the fall. This pumpkin coffee cake is one of my favorites, as well as pumpkin dump cake, pumpkin bars, pumpkin cheesecake and pumpkin spice muffins.
Pumpkin coffee cake
I’m so excited that it’s almost pumpkin season! The weather is starting to cool off a bit and fall is just around the corner. I’m absolutely in love with fall and especially love fall baking! I look forward to making lots of delicious pumpkin recipes and this pumpkin coffee cake is no exception!
I took one one of my favorite coffee cake recipes and added a pumpkin spin on it. This pumpkin coffee cake is delicious straight out of the pan. The pumpkin spiced streusel on top is what makes this pumpkin coffee cake recipe truly divine. The maple glaze is optional, but I totally recommend it. It adds the perfect sweet touch to the cake. You will become obsessed with this pumpkin coffee cake recipe!
Around Thanksgiving, I usually make my favorite pumpkin cake, but I knew I wanted to make a pumpkin coffee cake recipe before then. I made this streusel coffee cake 3 times in the past couple weeks (to get the recipe just right). I tested it in a 9×9 pan, 9×13 pan and a muffin pan. If you’re looking for a thick cake (like the photo above), bake the pumpkin coffee cake in the 9×9 pan. I think my favorite way is in the 9×13″ like I did in the video below. It’s not quite as thick and has just the right amount of crumb topping. It also serves more people, which is always a plus!
Pumpkin coffee cake muffins
This pumpkin coffee cake recipe can also be used to make muffins. All you need to do is fill the muffin liners about 2/3 of the way full (I like to use a large cookie scoop). Then add about a Tablespoon of the crumb topping to each muffin. You’ll bake the muffins at 375°F for about 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes clean. Be careful not to brown the tops too much. Makes about 16 pumpkin coffee cake muffins.
My kids loved the muffins as well, but I think the streusel coffee cake version is still my favorite. Nothing like getting a slice of pumpkin coffee cake with cold glass of milk! This mouthwatering pumpkin streusel coffee cake will sure to be a hit at family gatherings this fall. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Coffee Cake Recipe
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 6 Tablespoon salted butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk (can sub for milk)
- 1 egg (whisked)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×13″ pan with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper. For a thicker cake use a 9×9″ pan.
- First make the topping: combine the flour, brown sugar, pumpkin spice and butter into a small bowl. Mix with a fork until it resembles crumbles. You may need to use your hands to combine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin spice, cinnamon and salt. Add in the pumpkin, milk and whisked egg. Stir just until combined. Pour into the prepared pan and then evenly top with the crumb mixture.
- Bake streusel coffee cake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes clean. Allow to cool. Combine the glaze ingredients in a small bowl and drizzle over the top if desired.
- Cover pumpkin coffee cake until ready to serve.