Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower – Simple, healthy and baked to perfection. This crispy cauliflower is perfectly tender and full of delicious parmesan flavor. It will become one of your favorite side dishes!
We make roasted veggies all the time at our house! They are the perfect easy side dish for busy weeknights and require hardly any cleanup. This roasted cauliflower is always on rotation, as well as parmesan broccoli, glazed carrots, roasted brussels sprouts, asparagus and baked zucchini fries.
Oven roasted cauliflower
I have been obsessed with roasted veggies lately! Parmesan roasted broccoli is my absolute favorite, but this oven roasted cauliflower is a close second! It’s simple, healthy and roasted to perfection. The cauliflower is tender on the inside, while crispy and golden on the outside. Plus the parmesan cheese adds the best flavor.
If you’re on the fence about cauliflower, definitely give this roasted cauliflower recipe a shot! It’s seriously delicious and so easy to make. We love to make this baked cauliflower on busy weeknights and pair it with roasted chicken, hamburgers, steak, baked fish…you name it. Plus my kids love it too and eat it right up. So yummy!
How do you season roasted cauliflower?
There are plenty of ways to season roasted cauliflower! I prefer to use the seasonings below because they are simple and bring out the natural flavors. But feel free to add in any extra seasonings like oregano, cumin, chili powder, etc. The options are endless!
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt
- Cracked black pepper
How to roast cauliflower
Scroll down for the printable roasted cauliflower recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and line baking sheet with foil.
- Cut cauliflower florets lengthwise, then place in a zip top bag. Add in olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder and shake until coated.
- Pour onto baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven, flip cauliflower, then sprinkle on cheese. Bake for additional 5-10 minutes, until tender and crispy.
How do you make crispy cauliflower?
This oven baked cauliflower is so crispy and has the best texture! Follow the tips below to ensure your roasted cauliflower turns out perfectly crispy every time:
- Cut the cauliflower florets in half lengthwise, so that they lay flat evenly on the baking sheet. This will help them crisp up evenly.
- Make sure to spread out the florets on the baking sheet so that they don’t touch.
- Flip the roasted cauliflower after 20 minutes in the oven.
- Top with parmesan! Not only does it crisp up nicely, but it adds such delicious flavor.
Can frozen cauliflower be roasted?
Although I prefer to use fresh cauliflower, you can also use frozen cauliflower too. If roasting frozen cauliflower, I’d increase the oven temperature to 425°. Increasing the temperature gets rid of the condensation on your frozen cauliflower so that they roast instead of steam. You may need to roast them for a little longer too, so just be sure to keep an eye on them. You want the roasted cauliflower to be fork tender and crispy and golden on the outside.
What vegetables go with roasted cauliflower?
If you want to add in more veggies when making this roasted cauliflower, feel free! You’ll just need to adjust the seasonings depending on how many more veggies you add. I’d recommend adding in some of the softer veggies listed below, so that they have about the same cook time as the baked cauliflower. If you want to add in root vegetables such as potatoes or carrots, check out this recipe.
- Brussels sprouts
- Peppers (red, orange or yellow)
- Green beans
Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
- 4-5 cups chopped cauliflower
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil , more if needed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese , optional
Kosher salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Cut the cauliflower lengthwise, so they lay flat. Combine the cauliflower, olive oil, salt, garlic powder and pepper in a zip top bag. Shake until well coated. Pour onto the baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and flip the cauliflower. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. Bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, or until the cauliflower is fork tender and crispy around the edges.
- Enjoy while hot.