This crispy roasted cauliflower is perfectly tender and full of delicious parmesan flavor. It will become one of your favorite side dishes!
Table of Contents
Easy Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
We make roasted vegetables all the time at our house! Parmesan makes a great seasoning for roasted veggies and adds amazing flavor. Not only do we love to season cauliflower with it, but it also tastes great on roasted broccoli, carrots and potato wedges.
I have been obsessed with roasted veggies lately! Parmesan roasted broccoli is my absolute favorite, but this oven roasted cauliflower is a close second! It’s simple, healthy and roasted to perfection. The cauliflower is tender on the inside, while crispy and golden on the outside. Plus the parmesan cheese adds the best flavor.
If you’re on the fence about cauliflower, definitely give this recipe a shot! It’s seriously delicious and so easy to make. We love to make it on busy weeknights and pair it with roasted chicken, hamburgers, steak, baked fish…you name it. Plus my kids love it too and eat it right up. So yummy!
I prefer to use the seasonings below because they are simple and bring out the natural flavors. But feel free to add in any extra seasonings like oregano, cumin, chili powder, etc. The options are endless!
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt
- Cracked black pepper
How to Roast Cauliflower in Oven
- Prepare. Preheat oven to 400ºF and line baking sheet with foil.
- Cut and season. Cut florets lengthwise, then place in a zip top bag. Add in olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder and shake until coated.
- Roast in oven. Pour onto baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes. Remove pan from oven, flip, then sprinkle on cheese. Bake for additional 5-10 minutes, until tender and crispy.
Tips for Extra Crispy Cauliflower
This oven baked cauliflower is so crispy and has the best texture! Follow the tips below to ensure yours turns out perfectly crispy every time:
- Cut the florets in half lengthwise, so that they lay flat evenly on the baking sheet. This will help them crisp up evenly.
- Make sure to spread out the florets on the baking sheet so that they don’t touch.
- Flip the roasted cauliflower after 20 minutes in the oven.
- Top with parmesan! Not only does it crisp up nicely, but it adds such delicious flavor.
Can Frozen Cauliflower be Roasted?
Although I prefer to use fresh cauliflower, you can also use frozen too. If roasting frozen cauliflower, I’d increase the oven temperature to 425°. Increasing the temperature gets rid of the condensation on your frozen cauliflower so that they roast instead of steam. You may need to roast them for a little longer too, so just be sure to keep an eye on them. You want it to be fork tender and crispy and golden on the outside.
More Roasted Veggies
Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
- 4-5 cups chopped cauliflower
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil , more if needed
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese , optional
Kosher salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Cut the cauliflower lengthwise, so they lay flat. Combine the cauliflower, olive oil, salt, garlic powder and pepper in a zip top bag. Shake until well coated. Pour onto the baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and flip the cauliflower. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. Bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, or until the cauliflower is fork tender and crispy around the edges.
- Enjoy while hot.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!