Salsa ranch dressing is a combination of two of your favorite Tex Mex flavors in one! A 5-minute cool, creamy, and zesty dressing that comes together with just salsa, ranch, and a couple of extra layers of zing!
Table of Contents
Easy Southwest Dressing & Dip
Salsa ranch dressing is exactly as amazing as it sounds. It’s a 2 in 1 dressing made from, wait for it…ranch dressing and salsa! With a little bit of lime juice for added zest, it creates an amazing balance of cool and creamy with fresh herbs and acid and it works!
This ranch salsa is delicious as a topping on appetizers like mini taco cups, as a dressing for shredded chicken taco salad, and as a dip with veggies and chips as a festive Mexican appetizer.
It might remind you of the delicious point in the 5 layer dip when the tomatoes or salsa meets the cream cheese/sour cream layer or when the cilantro lime crema meets the salsa in your tacos. There’s just something about the paring that makes everyone go crazy for it. So, we’ve taken that taste experience and made a dressing out of it!
Just 3 Ingredients
With only three ingredients, it’s important to use only the very best.
Find the full printable recipe with specific measurements below.
- Buttermilk Ranch Dressing: I love using homemade ranch dressing because it adds a fresh zip to the dressing.
- Salsa: The tomatoes add such a brightness to the dressing, and using fresh salsa is really the way to go.
- Lime: A little bit of acid helps bring the flavors together and balance everything out.
Tips for Making Salsa and Ranch Dressing
- Using both homemade salsa and ranch dressing makes all the difference. You can taste the fresh tomatoes, fresh herbs and spices, and a creamy ranch made with no unnecessary ingredients. However using store-bought will still taste great if you’re in a pinch!
- For a lighter salad dressing swap the ranch for Greek yogurt. If you have neither you can use mayo or sour cream.
- If you have a ranch dressing package mix, you can use it along with sour cream to make a quick ranch.
- Add more flavor by adding in a dash of taco seasoning, paprika or even your favorite hot sauce.
How to Make Salsa Ranch Dressing
Just 5 minutes to a great dressing for salads or a dip for your favorite veggies.
- Whisk. Simply whisk together ranch, salsa, and lime juice until creamy and smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Chill. Store in a jar in the fridge until ready to drizzle over salad or use as a dip.
Fun Ways to Use It
This versatile Southwest dressing can be used in all kinds of ways. Dress it, drizzle it or dip it, it’s up to you how you want to enjoy it. Below are just a few ideas:
- Drizzle some on top of mini taco cups, a buffalo chicken wrap, slow cooker ranch chicken and BBQ chicken tacos.
- Dress your shredded chicken taco salad or serve as a dip with a fruit and veggie platter along with chips and crackers.
- You could even add a layer of this to your 7 layer dip cups.
The recipe makes enough for 4 people, which comes to about 3 Tablespoons per person.
Absolutely, simply blend the dressing mix with sour cream to make a quick ranch.
Keep stored in an airtight container until you’re ready to use. It will keep fresh for up to 5 days.
More Mexican Recipes to Try
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the newest recipes!
Salsa Ranch Dressing
- ½ cup ranch dressing , or store-bought buttermilk ranch dressing
- ¼ cup salsa , plus more to taste
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- Salt , to taste
- Ground black pepper , to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ranch, salsa, and lime juice. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Store in a covered jar until ready to serve. Serve on top of a salad or dip with your favorite vegetables.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
How many calories are in a serving size, what is a serving size?
The serving size is around 3 Tablespoons with 151 calories
This is absolutely delicious! I love that it’s such a crowd pleaser for the whole family
Not sure what I love this dressing more for – a veggie dip or salad dressing! Perfection!