Salsa ranch dressing is a combination of two of your favorite Tex Mex flavors in one! A 5-minute cool, creamy, and zesty dressing that comes together with just salsa, ranch, and a couple of extra layers of zing!
Easy southwest dressing & dip
Salsa ranch dressing is exactly as amazing as it sounds. It’s a 2 in 1 dressing made from, wait for it…ranch dressing and salsa! With a little bit of lime juice for added zest, it creates an amazing balance of cool and creamy with fresh herbs and acid and it works!
It might remind you of the delicious point in the 5 layer dip when the tomatoes or salsa meets the cream cheese/sour cream layer or when the cilantro lime crema meets the salsa in your tacos. There’s just something about the paring that makes everyone go crazy for it. So, we’ve taken that taste experience and made a dressing out of it!
Tips for making salsa and ranch dressing
- Using both homemade salsa and ranch dressing makes all the difference. You can taste the fresh tomatoes, fresh herbs and spices, and a creamy ranch made with no unnecessary ingredients. However using store-bought will still taste great if you’re in a pinch!
- For a lighter dressing swap the ranch for greek yogurt. If you have neither you can use mayo or sour cream.
- If you have a ranch dressing package mix, you can use it along with sour cream to make a quick ranch.
- Add more flavor by adding in a dash of taco seasoning, paprika or even your favorite hot sauce.
Fun ways to use it
This versatile Southwest dressing can be used in all kinds of ways. Dress it, drizzle it or dip it, it’s up to you how you want to enjoy it. Below are just a few ideas:
- Drizzle some on top of mini taco cups, a buffalo chicken wrap, slow cooker ranch chicken and BBQ chicken tacos.
- Dress your shredded chicken taco salad or serve as a dip with a fruit and veggie platter along with chips and crackers.
- You could even add a layer of this to your 7 layer dip cups.
Keep stored in an airtight jar until you’re ready to use. It will keep fresh for up to 5 days.
More Mexican recipes to try:
- Southwest cornbread salad
- Avocado lime dressing
- Mexican salad
- BBQ chicken salad
- Cilantro lime dressing
Salsa Ranch Dressing
- Whisk together the ranch, salsa and lime juice in a small bowl. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Store in a covered jar until ready to serve. Serve on top of a salad or dip with your favorite vegetables.