Hands down one of the easiest and yummiest recipes to serve at your next holiday party! This easy cheese ball recipe is always a huge hit!
Perfect Party Appetizer
I’m always looking for easy appetizer recipes to make for get-togethers. This cream cheese ball is one of my favorites, along with pigs in a blanket, easy potato skins, homemade pretzel bites and buffalo chicken dip.
This recipe is SO easy to make and only takes 4 ingredients. Can’t beat that. You can also make it the night before and I think it tastes even better the next day once the flavors and textures have had time to marry together.
Place it out with some crackers and a veggie tray at your next holiday gathering. The adults and kids all love it!
How Do I Make a Cheese Ball?
This is honestly one of the easiest appetizers ever. Just follow the simple steps below. Scroll down for the printable recipe.
- Mix together ingredients. Mix the softened cream cheese, green onions, ranch dressing mix and fresh dill in a large bowl with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill. Place on plastic wrap, cover and form the cream cheese mixture into a ball. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Coat with pecans. Put pecans on a plate. Remove from plastic wrap and roll in pecans until well-coated.
- Serve and enjoy! Place on a platter with crackers and serve.
How Long Does It Last?
It will keep in the refrigerator for about 2 weeks, although I’m sure it will get eaten up before then since it’s so delicious. :) We love using the leftovers as a snack with fresh veggies.
This recipe is great because it can be prepped the night beforehand as well! I honestly think it tastes better if made a day ahead because the flavors have time to marry together and taste extra delicious.
- Use an electric mixer to mix all ingredients together (except pecans) until smooth.
- Place mixture on top of saran wrap, cover and form into a ball.
- Store in the fridge over night.
- Before serving, roll in chopped pecans until well-coated.
- Serve on a platter with crackers!
Additional Coatings for Cream Cheese Ball
If you don’t want to use pecans, you can use any of the coating options below. You could even cut it in half and do two different versions. Or make mini cheese ball bites. Lots of ways to customize for your guests!
- Chopped pretzels
- Sliced almonds
- Chopped bacon
- Crushed Chex cereal
- Crushed crackers
- Candied pecans
There are plenty of delicious serving options. Below are some of our favorites!
- Pita chips
- Veggies (cucumbers, carrots, bell peppers, celery)
More Easy Appetizers:
- Charcuterie Board
- Baked Brie with Honey
- Crockpot BBQ Meatballs
- Boursin Cheese
- Knorr Spinach Dip
- 7-Layer Dip
- 16 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1/4 cup green onions , chopped fine
- 1 Tablespoon ranch dressing dry mix (like Hidden Valley)
- 1/2 teaspoon dill , optional
- 1/2 cup pecans , chopped
For serving: Favorite snack crackers or vegetables
- Mix all ingredients except pecans with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Place mixture on plastic wrap, cover and form into ball. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Put pecans on a plate. Remove from plastic wrap and roll in pecans until well-coated.
- Place on a platter with crackers and serve. Enjoy!
- If you don’t want to use nuts, you can use chopped bacon or crushed crackers instead (similar to my Chex crusted bacon cheese ball).
- If you’d like more cheese, you can mix in 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese with the cream cheese.
- Make-ahead: Follow steps 1 & 2, then let chill in fridge overnight. Before serving, roll in chopped pecans until well-coated.
- Storage: Will keep in the refrigerator for about 2 weeks if covered or stored in an airtight container.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!