This grilled BBQ chicken foil dinner takes 5 simple ingredients and only 30 minutes to make! An EASY and delicious dinner with no clean up.
Table of Contents
Ready to Go BBQ Chicken Foil Dinner
Grilling is one of my favorite things about warmer weather. There’s so many yummy ways to grill chicken – whether it’s in these foil packs, on kabobs or even just cooking chicken breast straight on the grill. You can’t go wrong with any of these options!
One of our favorite meals to make during the summer is tin foil dinners. They are so easy to prep and have virtually no clean up. The best part is that you don’t need to heat up your house and can cook the foil packets out on your grill. I absolutely love grilling in the summer and watching my kids play out in the yard. When the weather is nice, we’re usually outside grilling! It makes dinner so easy.
The flavor of this grilled BBQ chicken is perfect and tender. For these chicken foil dinners, I used just a few simple ingredients: BBQ sauce, red bell pepper, red onion and green beans. You can add in any of your favorite vegetables to mix it up. We love to serve the tin foil dinner with baked potatoes or rolls and sliced watermelon. It’s my kid’s absolute favorite!
Assembling the BBQ Chicken Foil Packets
Before you begin assembling the foil packets, make sure to cut the foil into four 12-inch sheets and spray with non stick spray. Then layer the ingredients in the following order:
- Place each chicken breast on top of a piece of foil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread about 2 Tablespoons of BBQ sauce on top of each chicken breast.
- Then divide the veggies between the 4 packets. Season with more salt and pepper if desired.
- Cover the top with foil and fold in the sides so the packets are secure.
Cooking Chicken in Foil on Grill
Once you’ve assembled the chicken foil packets, place them on the grill over medium heat. Cook for about 20 minutes per side, flipping about 10-12 minutes through. Remove from grill when the chicken is cooked through and has reached the internal temperature of 165°F. I love to brush extra BBQ sauce over the chicken when it comes off the grill and top with a few sliced green onions. Adds some color and so much flavor. Enjoy! :)
Making in Advance
Another reason why I love this BBQ chicken dinner is because you can easily make the foil packets in advance! Simply assemble and seal them as directed, then store in the fridge until ready to grill. Sometimes I’ll assemble them when I have a few extra minutes in the morning, then they’re ready to throw on the grill when dinner rolls around. So easy!
If you’d rather make baked BBQ chicken instead of on the grill, you an easily do that. Just bake the packets at 400°F for about 22 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink. Then remove the top foil and broil the chicken for an additional 2-3 more minutes so the tops get brown.
More Grilling Recipes You’ll Love
Grilled BBQ Chicken Foil Packets
- 4 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- ½ cup BBQ sauce (more if desired)
- 1 pound green beans
- 2 red bell peppers (chopped)
- ½ red onion (chopped)
- Kosher Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- sliced green onions (if desired)
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Lay out 4 (12″) sheets of non-stick foil (or spray with non-stick spray). Place one chicken breast on top of each piece. Salt and pepper. Then spread about 2 Tablespoons of BBQ sauce onto each piece. Divide the green beans, bell pepper and onion among the 4 sheets. Add more salt and pepper on top of the vegetables if desired. Cover the top with foil and fold in the sides so the packets are secure.
- Place each packet on the grill. Cook for about 20 minutes (or until the chicken is cooked through), flipping at about 12 minutes. Brush with more BBQ sauce if desired.
- Allow packets to rest for a couple minutes off the grill. Serve while warm on plates.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!