Easy BBQ Chicken Pizza – Crispy and delicious pizza topped with BBQ sauce, shredded chicken, mozzarella, red onion and cilantro. Tons of flavor and ready in just 30 minutes!
Are you a pizza lover like me? We make homemade pizza almost every weekend and love to make different variations. This BBQ chicken pizza is a favorite, along with garlic ranch chicken pizza, french bread pizza and garlic white pizza.
BBQ chicken pizza
My family is a HUGE fan of BBQ chicken pizza. My mom got us all hooked…she’s the one to blame. ;) And who knew how easy BBQ chicken pizza was to make?! It only takes 5 ingredients and comes together in just 30 minutes.
The crust of the BBQ pizza gets super crispy and the flavors are incredible. It’s such an easy recipe and tastes amazing. My whole family loved it! This BBQ pizza recipe is definitely a keeper!
What does BBQ chicken pizza have on it?
This BBQ chicken pizza recipe is so simple and requires only 5 ingredients! Feel free to add on extra toppings like bacon, pineapple, spinach or bell peppers. So yummy! Check out the BBQ pizza ingredients below:
Pizza dough: I love to use my easy homemade pizza dough recipe. You can use premade dough or crust though, as well as a flat bread.
BBQ sauce: You can use store-bought BBQ sauce for convenience, however I like to make a batch of my homemade BBQ sauce. It’s so simple and full of flavor!
Chicken: You’ll want to use cooked shredded chicken or sliced chicken. I often use a rotisserie chicken for convenience.
Cheese: Mozzarella is the standard cheese used for BBQ chicken pizza. That’s the type I used, however you can use cheese of choice!
Red onion: I love to add on red onion slices for more bold flavor!
Extras: Feel free to add on extras like bacon, pineapple, spinach, bell peppers and fresh cilantro.
How to make BBQ chicken pizza
Scroll down for the printable BBQ chicken pizza recipe.
- Preheat oven. Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Roll out pizza dough. Roll out pizza dough if needed. Lightly brush oil on a pizza stone or large baking sheet, then place dough onto stone or pan.
- Cover with BBQ sauce. Place 1/4 cup BBQ sauce on dough with a spoon. Mix remaining BBQ sauce together with the chicken.
- Add on toppings. Sprinkle cheese over the dough and then add the chicken and onions.
- Bake. Bake pizza for 18 to 22 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and top with fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
Quick tips for barbecue chicken pizza
- Use the bottom of a spoon to spread on the BBQ sauce. It’s easiest to spread in circles starting from the center.
- Don’t sauce the edges! Leave about 1/2 to 1 inch bare with no sauce.
- I used half a batch of my homemade pizza dough recipe. Feel free to make the whole batch and bake 2 pizzas! Just double the other BBQ pizza ingredients.
- You can easily turn this into a BBQ chicken ranch pizza. Just add the ranch in when mixing up the BBQ sauce and chicken.
- You can also top your baked pizza with some drizzled ranch dressing too.
- My favorite way to reheat this BBQ pizza is in the oven or toaster oven. The crust stays nice and crispy!
More pizza recipes:
BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe
Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Roll out the pizza dough if needed. Lightly brush oil on a pizza stone or large baking sheet, then place dough onto stone or pan.
- Place 1/4 cup BBQ sauce on the pizza dough with a spoon. Mix the remaining BBQ sauce together with the chicken.
- Sprinkle cheese over the dough and then add the chicken and onions.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and top with fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
What’s your favorite kind of pizza?!