This BBQ chicken pizza is topped with BBQ sauce, shredded chicken, mozzarella, red onion and cilantro. It has tons of flavor and is ready in just 30 minutes!
Table of Contents
Homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza
Are you a pizza lover like me? We make my homemade pizza dough recipe almost every weekend and love to make different variations, even a heart pizza for Valentine’s Day. This BBQ chicken version is a favorite, though, along with garlic ranch chicken pizza and chicken alfredo pizza!
My family is a HUGE fan of BBQ chicken pizza. My mom got us all hooked…she’s the one to blame. ;) And who knew how easy it was to make?! It only takes 5 ingredients and comes together in just 30 minutes. The crust gets super crispy and the flavors are incredible. This recipe is definitely a keeper!
- Pizza dough: I love to use my easy homemade pizza dough or no yeast pizza dough. You can also use pre-made dough or crust though, as well as a flat bread.
- BBQ sauce: You can use store-bought BBQ sauce for convenience, however I like to make a batch of my homemade BBQ sauce. It’s so simple and full of flavor!
- Chicken: I often use a rotisserie chicken for convenience or make my crockpot BBQ chicken or baked BBQ chicken.
- Cheese: Mozzarella is the standard cheese used for BBQ chicken pizza. That’s the type I used, however you can use cheese of choice!
- Red onion: I love to add on red onion slices for more bold flavor!
- Extras: Feel free to add on extras like bacon, pineapple, spinach, bell peppers, pickled onions and fresh cilantro.
How to Make BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Roll out dough. Lightly brush oil on a pizza stone or large baking sheet, then place dough onto stone or pan.
- Add sauce and toppings. Place 1/4 cup of the sauce on dough with a spoon. Mix remaining BBQ sauce together with the chicken. Sprinkle cheese over the dough and then add the chicken and onions.
- Bake in oven. Place in the oven and bake at 425°F for 18 to 22 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and top with fresh cilantro.
- Use the bottom of a spoon to spread on the BBQ sauce. It’s easiest to spread in circles starting from the center.
- Don’t sauce the edges! Leave about 1/2 to 1 inch bare with no sauce.
- You can easily turn this into a BBQ chicken ranch pizza. Just add the ranch in when mixing up the BBQ sauce and chicken.
- Reheating is best in the oven or toaster oven. The crust stays nice and crispy!
More Recipes to Enjoy on Pizza Night
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the newest recipes!
BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe
- 1 pizza dough , or flat bread
- ⅓ cup BBQ sauce , more if needed
- 1-2 cups shredded or sliced chicken
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup red onion slices
Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Roll out the pizza dough if needed. Lightly brush oil on a pizza stone or large baking sheet, then place dough onto stone or pan.
- Place 1/4 cup BBQ sauce on the pizza dough with a spoon. Mix the remaining BBQ sauce together with the chicken.
- Sprinkle cheese over the dough and then add the chicken and onions.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and top with fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
This is hands-down one of our favorite homemade pizzas! I also used her homemade recipe for the dough as well, and it comes out so fresh! Definitely one of our family favorites for movie night!
I’m so happy to hear that Melody! Can’t beat homemade pizza on move night :)
WE love this. So easy yummy!
This was amazing! I used half mozzerella/ half cheddar for the cheese, and also used her homemade pizza dough recipe. Super easy, and it turned out perfectly 😋
I’m so glad you enjoyed it!!
Loved it! Cooked it on the grill and it was yummy.
I’m so glad you liked it! :)
Hello deliciousness! I loved this pizza and so did my family. Will make again.
Yum! There wasn’t a scrap left of this awesome pizza. This will be a regular feature on our menu from now on!
I made this pizza and if you like the dough a little softer do not put it in the oven for 22 min. I would do 19 min. It was still good but I like my pizza a little droopy.
This sounds so good, I am going to try this. I LOVE bbq chicken this is something that I can enjoy.