Slow Cooker BBQ Brisket Sandwiches – require two hands, napkins and a good appetite! These sandwiches couldn’t be easier. Brisket is simmered in BBQ sauce in a slow cooker then topped with coleslaw for a restaurant-style meal right at home.
It’s that time of the summer when all I want is BBQ, in the backyard, with all my friends and family. Just roll that tape over and over again!
It’s also that time in the summer when it’s just starting to dip into the high 80’s and get a bit too hot to be standing over the stove, baking in the oven or even hovering over a hot grill (someone else can do that!). But I still get my BBQ Brisket Sandwiches in, without heating the house. Slow cooker to the rescue!
I know you are familiar with the ease of a slow cooker meal. The dump and simmer method, the layer and cook method, even stewing and shredding. I like all of these, but often am left with a delicious meal that looks, well, not that great.
I’m a professional food stylist so I’m really into how my food looks on the plate. To me it’s just as important as what it tastes like. So these BBQ Brisket Sandwiches speak to me! They are made in the slow cooker, delicious AND look pretty dang amazing on the plate!
I’ve mentioned how easy this meal is. I simply mixed BBQ sauce with cider vinegar (the acid adds flavor and helps tenderize the brisket), and some sliced onions. With a cold sip in my hand – preferably my Mint Limeade – I am set to wait out the 5 hours it takes to cook. I mean, I’m just supposed to relax while dinner makes itself, right?
Your tender brisket can be sliced and piled high on a soft roll. Some prepared coleslaw (or use your favorite recipe) and sliced pickles make it taste like a restaurant-style sandwich. Oh so good! I serve mine with crunchy potato chips. Enjoy summer!
Slow Cooker BBQ Brisket Sandwiches
- 2½ pounds flat cut brisket
- 1 small onion sliced
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 4 brioche or hamburger buns
- 1 cup coleslaw
- Sliced dill pickles
- Potato chips
- Place brisket, in a 4 to 6-qt slow cooker, fat side up. Add the onion on top. Whisk together the apple cider vinegar and BBQ sauce and pour over brisket. Cover and cook on high until brisket is tender, 5 hr.
- Let meat rest about 20 min before slicing and reserve the sauce in the slow-cooker. Toast the rolls and add sliced brisket to the bottom of each roll. Add a spoonful of coleslaw and dill pickles if desired.
- Serve sandwiches drizzled with reserved sauce and potato chips
Photography by Ty Mecham
Prop Styling by Bea Chatska
Love this easy dinner? You’ll enjoy these, too!