BBQ Meatballs…easy to make in the crock pot, this recipe only takes 3 ingredients and 5 minutes to prep! Doesn’t get better than that.
These meatballs are a tried and true appetizer recipe of mine. They literally couldn’t be easier to make and everyone always loves them. Other easy go-to’s are little smokies, meatball sliders and pigs in a blanket.
These crockpot BBQ grape jelly meatballs are a family favorite. They are seriously so good and the perfect appetizer for game day! They almost remind me of sweet and sour meatballs but taste better.
My Grandpa has been making these crockpot meatballs for years and we always loved them growing up. My sister even talked him into making them as an appetizer at her wedding. Everyone loved them! Now of course my family has their actual “homemade meatballs recipe,” which are just as amazing.
The best part about these BBQ meatballs is that no one would ever know how simple they are to make. You could even turn them into a main dish and serve them over sticky rice. YUM!
3 simple ingredients!
These slow cooker grape jelly meatballs are so easy to make. You just need the 3 ingredients below to get started:
- Meatballs: I love getting the frozen meatballs from Costco or Kroger. They taste the best in my opinion. Homemade meatballs taste great as well if you have the time.
- Grape jelly: I keep it simple and use Smucker’s grape jelly.
- BBQ Sauce: Sweet baby ray’s BBQ sauce is my personal favorite. :) You can also make a homemade BBQ sauce if preferred.
How to make crockpot BBQ meatballs
- Add ingredients to crockpot. Pour grape jelly and BBQ sauce in the bottom of your crockpot. Add in the meatballs and stir until fully coated.
- Cook meatballs in crockpot. Cook frozen meatballs in crockpot for 2 to 3 hours on high, or until warm. Make sure to stir a few times throughout.
- Serve and enjoy! Garnish with sliced green onions if desired and serve as an appetizer or main dish.
There are plenty of ways to easily mix up the flavors in this recipe. Check out some other yummy variations below:
- Sub Heinz chili sauce for BBQ sauce for an extra kick.
- Replace grape jelly with 16 ounces sliced or diced pineapple for Hawaiian meatballs.
- Use 1/4 cup honey instead of jelly for a a little healthier alternative (add more or less to to taste).
- Put your Thanksgiving leftovers to good use and sub grape jelly for cranberry sauce.
- Use 2 packages of little smokies instead of meatballs.
More easy appetizers:
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Ham and Cheese Sliders
- 4-Ingredient Cheese Ball
- Easy 7-Layer Dip
- 2-Ingredient Kielbasa Puffs
Crockpot Meatball Recipe
- 32 ounce bag frozen fully cooked meatballs (about 50)
- 18 ounce jar grape jelly
- 18 ounce BBQ sauce
Optional: Cooked rice, sliced green onions
- Combine the grape jelly and BBQ sauce in a small bowl or in the base of your slow cooker. Add meatballs and stir until they are coated with the sauce. Cook on high for 2 to 3 hours.
- Enjoy as an appetizer or serve over rice for a main dish.
YUM! Enjoy! :)