Tender and juicy buffalo chicken meatballs coated in a tangy buffalo sauce. These meatballs make the perfect easy appetizer and are great for dipping in your favorite sauce!
If buffalo chicken dip is one of your favorite appetizers, you’re also going to love these meatballs. They have that same delicious flavor from the tangy buffalo sauce and are super flavorful and juicy. Everyone always goes crazy over them!
These buffalo chicken meatballs are full of flavor and have the perfect kick. They’re more lean and a bit healthier than your average meatball, but still taste super tender and juicy. The buffalo sauce gives them just the right amount of heat, without being too overpowering. I love dipping them in blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing. The flavor combination is so delicious!
These make the perfect bite-sized appetizer for game day or a large gathering. We love serving them with toothpicks so that guests can easily grab one…or five ;) I also love serving them with sliced celery and carrots like I would with chicken wings. You can even make them a meal by serving over rice or along a wedge salad.
How to make buffalo chicken meatballs
- MIX. Stir together the ground chicken, egg, breadcrumbs, cheese, garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper in a bowl just until combined. Make sure not to over mix, or the meatballs won’t be as juicy and tender.
- SCOOP. Scoop the meat mixture with a spoon (or medium cookie scoop) and shape into balls. Then place on a foil lined baking sheet.
- BAKE. Bake in oven at 400°F for about 16 to 20 minutes, or until the meat has cooked all the way through. I like to flip them over at the halfway mark so that the bottoms don’t get too brown.
- COAT. Once cooked, place the meatballs in a bowl. Pour the sauce on top and gently stir until they are well coated. Alternatively you can place them in a slow cooker to keep warm until serving.
Tips + substitutes
- Stir the meat mixture just until combined. Over mixing can cause the meatballs to dry out.
- Flip halfway through baking so that all sides cook evenly and the bottoms don’t brown too much.
- You can fry the meatballs if you prefer. Add 2 Tablespoons oil to a pan and cook over medium-high heat for about 7 to 10 minutes.
- This recipe is easy to double for a crowd. Place in the slow cooker on warm to keep them hot until ready to serve.
More easy appetizer ideas:
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- 1 pound 80% lean ground chicken
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- 1/4 cup panko crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup Franks hot sauce (more to taste)
For serving: Blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick spray.
- Combine the meat, egg, breadcrumbs, cheese, garlic, onion powder, salt and black pepper in a bowl. Stir just until combined, do not over mix.
- Use a medium cookie scoop or spoon to scoop the meat. Then form into 1 1/2" balls and place on the pan.
- Bake uncovered for 16-20 minutes, or until no longer pink in the middle. Turn halfway through if desired, so the bottoms don't brown.
- Place meatballs in a bowl or slow cooker. Add sauce over top and stir until coated. Keep on warm in the slow cooker until ready to serve.
- Serve with blue cheese or ranch for dipping.