Slow Cooker Hawaiian Meatballs …this recipe only takes 3 ingredients and 5 minutes to make! So easy and always a crowd pleaser. Makes the perfect appetizer or main dish.
I’m super excited to share another variation on my grandpa’s famous slow cooker meatballs. After many requests, I’m sharing another favorite of ours, which uses pineapple. These are very similar to my grape jelly bbq meatballs, we just use pineapple juice in the recipe to give them more of a Hawaiian flavor.
We love to serve the pineapple meatballs over rice with green onions on top for a main dish, however you can eat them plain as well. They are one of our favorite Hawaiian appetizers and are always on the menu whenever there is a big game. The boys always devour these Hawaiian meatballs!
How to make Hawaiian Meatballs
Seriously… these are so easy to make and it will literally take you less than 5 minutes to put everything in the slow cooker. We love keeping a big bag of frozen meatballs in the freezer, as well as BBQ sauce and canned pineapple in the pantry so we can make the Hawaiian meatballs whenever we need a last minute dinner. The BBQ sauce does give these pineapple meatballs a little kick, but they are pretty mild with lots of flavor.
- Add the Hawaiian meatballs to the slow cooker. Pour the BBQ sauce over the top. Then add the sliced pineapple on top and pour the juice over. Cook on high for 2 to 3 hours.
- Enjoy pineapple meatballs as an appetizer or serve over rice for a main dish. Top with sliced green onions and more pineapple if desired.
Ways to serve Hawaiian Meatballs
- Serve over rice or cooked noodles
- Serve in a roll to make a mini slider
- Sandwich between french bread to make a Hawaiian meatball hoagie
- Place toothpicks in the top to make a fun appetizer
- Serve directly out of the slow cooker for parties
- Serve with sliced green onions and sesame seeds to dress them up
Slow Cooker Hawaiian Meatballs Recipe
These slow cooker Hawaiian meatballs are so easy to make and are amazing! So good!
- 25 frozen meatballs
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 (8 ounces) 8-ounce can sliced or diced pineapple
- sliced green onions optional
Add the meatballs to the slow cooker. Pour the BBQ sauce over the top. Then add the sliced pineapple on top and pour the juice over. Cook on high for 2 to 3 hours.
Enjoy as an appetizer or serve over rice for a main dish. Top with sliced green onions and pineapple if desired.
To double this recipe for a crowd, use 50 meatballs, 2 cups BBQ sauce and 2 cans of sliced pineapple.
Hope you enjoy these Hawaiian Meatballs! Let me know how you like them :)