Best Homemade Guacamole – The most delicious homemade guacamole recipe that takes just 10 minutes to make! Perfect for a summer BBQ or even a mid day snack. This guacamole recipe will become a fast favorite!
Best guacamole recipe
Today I have one of the best homemade guacamole recipes for you! I think I’ve made this recipe at least 3 times this month. It is seriously so good and completely addicting. You are fair warned! ;)
The best part is, this recipe only takes about 10 minutes to make. This homemade guacamole recipe is perfect for summer BBQ’s or even a mid day snack! Enjoy with fresh tortilla chips or add it to your favorite Mexican dish. You can’t go wrong!
How to make guacamole
This is one of the easiest guacamole recipes! Just follow the simple steps below to get started. Scroll down for the printable homemade guacamole recipe.
- In a large bowl, mash the avocado with a fork. Squeeze in the juice of 1 lime and stir until combined. Add in salsa, red onion, garlic, cilantro, and seasonings. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Guacamole is best served the first day.
- Enjoy with fresh tortilla chips!
Quick tips about this homemade guacamole recipe
- Cutting an avocado can sometimes be a little tricky. I like to use an avocado peeler to make it simpler! I especially like to use one if I’m doubling the recipe for a big get-together.
- There are so many ways to enjoy this homemade guacamole! Try serving with sliced veggies or tortilla chips, add to my delicious 7 layer dip recipe or even just use it as a topping for a Mexican style meal. Some of my favorites are my one pot burrito bowls, sheet pan chicken fajitas, green chile chicken enchiladas and Mexican salad.
- You can easily modify this homemade guacamole based on your preference. Like a little spice? Try adding in some cumin, chili powder or even some chopped jalapenos. Depending on what I have on hand, sometimes I’ll add in some roasted corn or even some black beans.
- Every once in awhile I’ll modify the texture of this homemade guacamole recipe. Instead of mashing the avocado, I’ll chop the avocado into 1 inch pieces and mix everything together. This makes it more of a chunky guacamole and is a fun variation!
- To keep the guacamole from browning, I like to add the avocado pits on top of the guac, cover tightly with saran wrap and refrigerate. Once it’s ready to eat, remove saran wrap & pits and enjoy!
- This homemade guacamole is best served the first day.
- 7 layer dip recipe
- Restaurant style salsa
- Pineapple salsa
- Black bean and corn salsa
- Easy salsa verde recipe
- 3 avocados (peeled and diced)
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons salsa
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- dash of pepper
In a large bowl, mash the avocado with a fork. Squeeze in the juice of 1 lime and stir until combined. Add in salsa, red onion, garlic, cilantro, and seasonings. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Homemade guacamole is best served the first day.
Enjoy with fresh tortilla chips!
Love this homemade guacamole? You’ll like these other Mexican appetizers too:
Best Homemade Guacamole
Best Homemade Guacamole - The most delicious homemade guacamole recipe that takes just 10 minutes to make! Perfect for a summer BBQ or even a mid day snack. This guacamole recipe will become a fast favorite!
Want to serve with homemade tortilla chips? Try this recipe.